Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: MiHec 413-200-hp with modified round HP Pin

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up MiHec 413-200-hp with modified round HP Pin

I received the modified round HP pin and 5 sided HP pin set some time ago but just this past Friday got a chance to cast with it.

I Had problems getting the pins to slide freely in the blocks. I found that the guide rods were not parallel and after I got them adjusted they worked well.

As with the MiHec 358395 HBWC I placed the mold on the hot plate which was turned to high. I cast first with the 358395 HBWC (see other thread).

My results with the original pins was not good at all. I had to use pliers to remove the boolits from the pins. I did get about a dozen decent boolits by holding the mold in the melt for about 30 to 45 seconds. But could only get release for about 3 fills and then would have to put the blocks back in the melt. Too much trouble.

WELL now that has all changed. The modified round pins are releasing just great. Melt at between 800* and 875*, WW with a little tin and the boolits are falling of the pins with at most just a little shake.

This was just a test of both of these molds as I had worked all night Thursday and had driven home (150 miles) after work and was tired. At 70 years of age I find that I seem to run out of steam a lot quicker. Duh!

The boolits ran about 208.5 grains avg. weight. I again for got to mic them as with the 358395 HBWC, will edit this weekend.

Love the new round pins. I have not tried the 5 sided ones yet, I get aroundtuit.

BG

bgokk Benefactor Member NRA
    The second amendment is the guarantee for all the other amendments...........

Boolit Buddy
    The above post shamed me into getting those new pins onto my 41 mold,, especially after fussing that they needed more taper and less bulb( Last Spring!).My results were the same as above - easy release and beautiful bullets. I had keepers after the second cast, and no more seizing of bullets on the pins. I too have retired my pliers from the casting bench.

Boolit Buddy

Attention 41mag:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MiHec 413-200-hp boolits.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	167556could not insert from my computer to a PM Hope you find this.

bgokk Benefactor Member NRA
    The second amendment is the guarantee for all the other amendments...........