RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good beginner coach gun for CAS and fun

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Boartooth: buy the adjustable charging bar and set things where you want, so much easier. I only use real BP but load on my MEC 600's all the time, work fine. Wellfedirishman, you coming to shoot with us one of these days? There is a nice new club in Morgan Hill, not to far from you, at the Coyote Valley Sporting Clays club. Second saturday of the month.
    Thanks for the advice guys,I have an adjustable bar that I got with the loader and think I've worked up a useable load,now got to test it,BTW,I grew up in Morgan Hill,that Sporting clays place was built in an area I used to hike in a lot.I'm in Southern Oregon now,but you brought back some fond memories,thanks.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    The TTN shotguns were made in China under the watch of Walt Johnson. Walt had them built to be SASS ready out the box. They opened all the way with a push on the lever and had a large brass front sight. The forceing cones were made longer and the chambers were polished for easy extraction. If you use STS, AA, Nitro 27 type hulls it worked well. The hammers are also built close together so that they maybe cocked with one thumb. The trigger and hammer springs are also built for SASS. Walt had some production problems through no falut of his. He went to EMF and the gun is now made under that banner with Walt working right there. You may call and ask him any questions you have. I shot a Baikal but had problems with it and after having it repaired I sold it and bought one of Coyote Caps 1887 lever action 12 ga guns. It is with out a doubt one of the most fun guns to shoot in SASS. It does have a learning curve that many fail to learn. I switch between my 1887 and my 1878 EMF which is a copy of the Colt model. Watch and see how many times T-Bone has won championships shooting the SXS 1878. The Stogers are good starters but like all guns will break with heavy use as the Savage will fall in here to. If you have the big bucks and want to run with the top dogs then the single trigger SKB or Browning are the top guns. I feel that the true West did not have these guns but they are legal for the Gamer's to win with. $450- $550 will buy you a gun thaT WILL HOLD UP AND WORK. I did not say anything about the 97 as I don't think they have a place in Western history.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by firefly1957 View Post
    I made a mistake buying one of those chinese hammer guns from Dunhams a few years ago I looked at three and bought the only one that the barrels pointed in the same place. 200 rounds later it has loosened up and the safety has always reset from recoil of all but the lightest loads. I should of waited until I found a used Stevens 311 which is what it replaced (was stolen) .
    If you ever see a sTevens 311 with 18 1/2 browned barrels , a nickeled receiver and shortened stock with slip on recoil pad check for driver lic# under pad S-415......
    I've been using one of those for 8-10 years now. Fortunately, I've rebuilt a number of old, worn & broken double hammer guns.....so I know how to tighten tune, and adjust them. Mine is real sweet (now), paid about $190 new, including tax. I'm quite happy with it...but, I did put a fair amount of time to make it "right".
    Also have a Norinco 1897 & 1887. Both of them needed some work, but not nearly the same level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12