RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 round wonder Full auto Trigger assembly

Banned

20 round wonder Full auto Trigger assembly

Got a new drop in trigger for the wife's 300 Blackout and got a surprise. This absolutely wonderful crisp breaking trigger of less than 4lbs delivered a surprise. It started firing 2-3 round bursts. Everything was absolutely stock in the fire control group and I dropped in this $160.00 wonder she purchased new at the local gun show. I thought I was going to get arrested at the local range as I heard comments "He's firing full automatic"
    Last edited by 6bg6ga; 09-06-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Boolit Master

I have seen 2 ARs that had "trigger jobs" by "gunsmiths" that would double tap automatically.
    I assume they are changing some angles in the trigger.
    Both had to have replacement triggers to solve the problem....dale

Trikent triggers represent a revolutionary idea in trigger design. Using a patent pending hybrid system, the triggers deliver an unbelievable shooting experience for every level of shooter.
    From their web page. I'll bet that was an experience.
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

I had a norinco m14 that would double or triple constantly. Trigger group from a GI gun cured it.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Buddy
    Try an ALG for a decent trigger on the cheap.

Banned
    I would appreciate it if I didn't get anymore private messages asking if I wanted to sell the trigger assembly. I do not wish to have a visit from the ATF nor do I wish to pay a fine or do time behind bars.

That's a good reason to always load 1 round, fire and then load 3 or so and fire when testing something as critical as your new trigger assembly.

Also the guys at the range who were trying to get you in trouble or shame you or whatever sound like dicks. No need for anybody to be pointing out the obvious. Our range does not allow FA stuff but we don't get super excited when somebody with a new AR showed up and had a similar issue, you fix it and move on.
    My firearms project blog

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    I have seen 2 ARs that had "trigger jobs" by "gunsmiths" that would double tap automatically.
    I assume they are changing some angles in the trigger.
    Both had to have replacement triggers to solve the problem....dale
    Sir, this was a replacement trigger assembly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderwolf View Post
    That's a good reason to always load 1 round, fire and then load 3 or so and fire when testing something as critical as your new trigger assembly.

Also the guys at the range who were trying to get you in trouble or shame you or whatever sound like dicks. No need for anybody to be pointing out the obvious. Our range does not allow FA stuff but we don't get super excited when somebody with a new AR showed up and had a similar issue, you fix it and move on.
    Sir, I always try any new gun or gun changes with one round in the chamber as its only common sense to do so. After having done this I progressed to 3 then 5 then 10 rounds in my 10 round magazine. All had worked well for a time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    From their web page. I'll bet that was an experience.
    Still cleaning my shorts

My Armalite Ar10 has a super light trigger and is prone to do that if if the rifle is held loosely. I've never had a problem with it during normal shooting, only when shooting of of a bench. Are you positive that it's not bump firing?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann View Post
    My Armalite Ar10 has a super light trigger and is prone to do that if if the rifle is held loosely. I've never had a problem with it during normal shooting, only when shooting of of a bench. Are you positive that it's not bump firing?
    The trigger is defective.

Boolit Grand Master

I had one of the Major makers of Ar rifles "NM" trigger I installed in my wifes AR High power AR 15. It installed with a very nice crisp 4 lbs 12 ounce break and was a very nice trigger. fter 1000 rounds or so at a match it stated firing on the pull and the release. I looked at it, my local gun smith looked at it and an armorrer at the Nationals at Perry looked it over and couldnt see what it was doing or where the problem was. As long as the trigger was held back it didnt fire but release the trigger and bang. I put a jewel in it and no troubles since. with the rifle empty ( triple check this before going any farther) cock the rifle with the trigger held back and have someone jar the rifle on the buttplate forward to see if the hammer drops from the impact. A weak disconnector engagement can cause this.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I had one of the Major makers of Ar rifles "NM" trigger I installed in my wifes AR High power AR 15. It installed with a very nice crisp 4 lbs 12 ounce break and was a very nice trigger. fter 1000 rounds or so at a match it stated firing on the pull and the release. I looked at it, my local gun smith looked at it and an armorrer at the Nationals at Perry looked it over and couldnt see what it was doing or where the problem was. As long as the trigger was held back it didnt fire but release the trigger and bang. I put a jewel in it and no troubles since. with the rifle empty ( triple check this before going any farther) cock the rifle with the trigger held back and have someone jar the rifle on the buttplate forward to see if the hammer drops from the impact. A weak disconnector engagement can cause this.
    Odd, oversized hole on the disconector, hammer or trigger is what I'm thinking. Smiths up at perry are pretty good about that stuff, what mfg was it?
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Grand Master

I checked the hole sizes my gunsmith did and the armorer at the AMU van did, Armorrer checked angles and engagements all looked to be good. We all were baffled and it was definitly a fluke. But the jewels had just came out for the ARs so it was a good excuse to buy one to try. ( then 3 more for the other AR match rifles LOL). I wanted to have Dave at armalight check it out but he wasnt there that year. Now we have several very good triggers for the AR platform, The Giesele stands out. These are pretty much fully adjustable and very good.

Banned
    Its not my worry as soon as I drop it in the mail. The manufacturer is going to send me out a new one.

And now Armalite doesn't even set up there themselves now, they have some proxy company acting as a middle man. Not sure why probably for the savings. I always went to their smith when I went up there because I used their rifles but now its gotten to the point I just do the work myself. Armalite has slipped in the last few years it seems.
    My firearms project blog

It can happen with any self loading arm. I shot .22 pistol with my company commander my last year in the Corps, nothing formal, just lunch break shooting. He used one of the high end High Standard pistols and for reasons unknown to me, it went full auto one day at the indoor range. As far as I know, it was a stock pistol, but could have had the trigger/sear slicked up a bit.

I would be very concerned about the rifle firing out of battery on a semi auto that goes full auto. Purpose made select, or full auto weapons are made to insure firing in battery, when a trigger mod makes one go full auto, time to put it away and find out why and make the needed correction to the arm.

Country Gent, a lubricant additive "Muscle" from Pa. made my milled Ak. fire 3-4 rd. bursts, a friend mentioned that he had a similar situation with "Molly" on a Ar. sear, a scrubbing with Mineral-Spirits cured both malfunctions

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Its not my worry as soon as I drop it in the mail. The manufacturer is going to send me out a new one.
    Now we're talking sensible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast