RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primer prices

Boolit Master
    35.00 down in the south west
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I just checked Midsouth , Midway , and Powder Valley.
    They all have just about everything in stock at under $30.00 for most primers and a few as low as $24.00
    I guess the primer shortage has gotten the coup de grace.
    I hope all the hoarding , gouging resellers that bought up everything to sell for double its worth choke on mountains of unsellable primers.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Still in the 31-35 per thousand here. You can how ever just walk in and find them and you are not limited on the amount you buy.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slogg76 View Post
    $32 per 1,000 at the local Walmarts and still $40+ at the local gun shops here, but at least they finally have some in stock. Had to break down and buy a couple thousand CCI at Walmart due to being totally out of a couple sizes, but no more until they come down some more. And definitely no more from a few local shops that really reamed the locals here (some were buying everything Walmart had and then resold them at double the price).
    You can get primers at the local Walmart?? In 20+ years of reloading I've never seen primers (other than BP stuff) at a Walmart.

Interesting.

Boolit Master

Last week I was at local gunshop. Primers were $42/k and up. Left with my money still in my pocket. Plan to go to gunshot this weekend and check prices there. If they're less than $35/k I'll probably buy 2k just to add to reserve supply. If they're less than $30/k I'll probably get more.

Boolit Master
    35-40 per thousand around here.

Unless there is state law against mail order primers and powder, I don't understand why there aren't more of you to order these on-line, pay the hazmat and shipping, and still pay way less than $30/1000 for primers. I've got about 8 to 10 fellow reloaders and we occasionally make a combined order and share the hazmat and shipping. The last order we made cost us about $26/1000, shipped right to the front door by UPS. Now that some primers are as little as $16.49/1000 it would be much, much less than that. It would actually pay to order them and have them sent to your front door. No time spent traveling, no gas cost and no wear-n-tear on vehicle.
    314th Air Divsion
    20th Tactical Air Support Squadron
    RVN 67-68 & 68-69

Personal and Up "Close Air Support"

Boolit Man
    "You can get primers at the local Walmart?? In 20+ years of reloading I've never seen primers (other than BP stuff) at a Walmart." Yup Moonie, our Walmarts sell reloading components. In fact they are usually far better stocked than the local gunshops when it comes to reloading components. I noticed when traveling out of state many Walmarts do not carry reloading components. Must be by locality. It also depends on who is working the sporting goods section as well. I noticed one Walmart in particular carried quite a variety of components and after talking to the sporting goods staff there I discovered they reloaded themselves and were quite knowledgeable. They were the ones that also pointed out that local shop owners were sending their staff in to buy up all there primers, ammo, etc. and where re-selling it at double the price. They quickly help set up limits and contacted other Walmarts and advised them to do the same.

Just stopped into a shop and they had LOTS of primers for $35/K. Unfreaking real. Good thing I still have many to use.
    Lighten up, life is too short.

Boolit Master

in 08/2010 i got my primer order from midsouth that i placed in 12/2009 they were about $27.00 per K with haz & ship for 20,000 primers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12