WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Boolit Award - Felix Robbins

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.

Golden Boolit Award - Felix Robbins

Cast Boolits has decided to honor certain members, for their lifelong commitment to the shooting sports, and their contributions to the world of Cast Bullet shooting.

It seems only fitting, that the first recipient of this award should be our old friend, Felix Robbins.

Felix is a long time member, from back in the old Shooters.com days. I know he certainly helped me along the way to getting the best from cast bullets in a rifle, and that carried over to handgun shooting. I'm sure many others can say the same. Felix was one of the top cast bullet benchrest shooters in the United States. Nowadays, he prefers to make the sticks dance in the river from a well directed shot, than the pressure cooker of national level competitions.
    When Felix speaks, all should listen. He knows his stuff, and will not lead you wrong.

Felix has unselfishly given his World Famous Felix Lube to our world, sharing his formula, and explaining WHY each ingredient is in there, and what it does. For any one developing their own lube, his is a good place to start for the basics. Go to Castpics, and look at the Lube section, and you will get the graduate course in this fine multi-purpose lube.

I urge you once again to look at Castpics, and the history section. The following is an excerpt;

"Sundog you asked Felix for the history of Castpics, and he may be too modest to tell you the story. There was discussion of bullet lube going on and it became obvious that Felix was in the know about such. His lube was named FELIX WORLD FAMOUS BULLET LUBE as a takeoff of the Names Herter's used in their book of adjectives (catalog). Testimonies were coming in faster than testimonies about Leupold and RCBS customer service. This board was literally swamped with people asking for the formula."

You can also go to Castpics, for some photos of the Mother of all Smelters, the brain child of Felix and Corky some years ago.

Last but not least, don't pass up Felix's recipe for Egg nog, as the season will soon be upon us.

Thank you Felix, for all your contributions to the shooting world.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Totally unexpected, and, needless to say, I am humbled greatly. What else can be said? ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master
    Hear! Hear!
    I am rather a Johnny-Come-Lately to this board. After thirty years of learning the hard way I thought I understood casting pretty well, but in my time here I've realized that my knowledge to date has barely scratched the surface. There are many on this board who deserve my thanks, but Felix would top the list. He has always been patient with my questions and generous with his knowledge. Golden Boolit? A well-deserved tribute indeed!

Boolit Grand Master
    Well-earned, and a fitting acknowledgement to one of the real experts--and a fine gentlemen who has graced this board for quite some time. I can't count the number of times Felix's general contributions or specific directions have benefited my shooting activities. GREAT information, generously provided and given graciously.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    Very cool idea. And well deserved.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master
    All my best to my great pal, Felix! You deserve the honor.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Banned

Grats Felix you deserve this.

Andy

Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations Felix. Your contributions to this website have helped so many people that it is impossible to calculate their value.

Thank you Sir!
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

Moderator Emeritus

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Congrats Felix.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Cast Hunter

Excellent! Congrats felix. I wonder just how many folks are using your lube recipe? Felix lube is an indispensible part of my cast bullet shooting.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Banned

Thank you, Felix.

Gear

Richly deserved! Thanks for all you've taught us Felix.
    Glen

Congratulations Felix. An award by your peers is something to cherish. Thank you for FWFL, an essential part of my casting/reloading and of that of a number of my friends here in Australia.
    Ron.

FESTINA LENTE

Boolit Master
    Forget Merril Lynch. When Felix speaks , people listen.
    Go Felix.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Boolit Master

I think lwknight meant "E.F. Hutton". Anyway, congrats, and 'thanks'.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Congratulations, Felix.
    Rick

Boolit Master
    well done...by the board for the award and felix is the obvious FIRST choice( if one was not to give one to the guy that put up our forum)

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    Congratulations Felix well done!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Deserving of the honor!

Congrats., Felix, and good on the Shooters forum for doing this.

Some time back I began reading all the old threads, starting with the last page, reading toward the most recent. I've now read from back to front to page #160. Felix's knowledge is generously spread throughout. Thanks for sharing your knowhow. 'Tuck (Former Bigboomer on the old Shooters.com).

Banned

Go Sir Felix .......!!