Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: STINK Bugs in the East!

Boolit Master

STINK Bugs in the East!

This probably isn't bothering anyone in the West, yet!

But the people in the East are experiencing the beginning of an invasion! Supposedly a freight car delivered these stink bugs from China to Pennsylvania via a port, probably Baltimore.

If you go out side they are all over you and in the cars, they are causing wrecks and wiping out crops so I hear. Right now there are about 30 are more on my front door screen and about 20 or so on my kitchen screen. They are looking for every crack they can crawl into for the Winter.

I bought some stuff from a company called Bayer that is making insecticides now. Southern States says it would kill them but it takes so long you don't know, in other words it is not very effective and has to be used as a contact spray regardless of what they say.

To make matters worse there is now another strain of them coming Eastward, probably be here next year. I'm not crying wolf, yet, but this has the potential and momentum to be extraordinarily bad.

At there present numbers they would have no problem causing SEVERE damage to crops, imagine what it will be like next year after they propagate to UNTOLD numbers and a new strain on the way.

You guys in the West and the East also better start getting letters out to your Governors and the White House asking and demanding what they are going to do about this invasion.

Keep in mind, They have NO NATURAL ENEMIES in this country, birds don't eat them or anything else it seems!

For those that haven't seen the size they are roughly the size of a nickle, some larger some smaller.

I am EXTREMELY sincere about this.
    Changeling

Boolit Master

We have stink bugs out here . . . a little spray around the house with Bifin IT, and there laying on their backs!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    Do they look like Ladybugs?

Boolit Master

Do you have a photo?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Do they look like Ladybugs?
    This is what ours look like http://geoinfo.nmt.edu/staff/wilks/i...20Bugs_JPG.jpg cept there not usually piled up like that
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
    We have stink bugs out here . . . a little spray around the house with Bifin IT, and there laying on their backs!
    There are more than 1 strain now and if you think you can spay the numbers that are here now, dream on!

At my place to give you an example :

You know how it is when June bugs are out in full force, well double that! That is what I have here right now.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
    This is what ours look like http://geoinfo.nmt.edu/staff/wilks/i...20Bugs_JPG.jpg cept there not usually piled up like that

Diesel that is not what we refer to as a stink bug at all, I'll try to find a link.

Here you go!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...oad%3A+CBSNews

I feel your pain. I am just outside of Lancaster PA and my house is covered in them. We can not even open a door to take the dog out without a swarm of them coming inside. I have had the vacuum out sucking them up constantly.

Boolit Buddy

That's what I call a Stink Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Diesel that is not what we refer to as a stink bug at all, I'll try to find a link.

Here you go! That's what I call a Stink Bug.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_1...oad%3A+CBSNews
    The link from Diesel looks like a Dung Beetle.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dung_beetle

bgokk Benefactor Member NRA
    The second amendment is the guarantee for all the other amendments...........

Boolit Master

Ours out here have longer bodies that the dung bettle . . . and if you get close to them they raise their butt in the air, and stink whan squashed!

Biffin IT is a serious pestiside http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bifen-it-p-226.html

Don't know if it is a scam or not, but it does offer a 100% money back guaruntee http://www.getridofstinkbugsnow.com/
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 09-23-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Hey, if you want to complain about the DC political class, shouldn't you post this in the Political Section?

Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markinalpine View Post
    Hey, if you want to complain about the DC political class, shouldn't you post this in the Political Section?

Maybe you're right! I tried, but I don't consider the response very enthusiastic!

It's probably all in my mind, don't do anything, just consider it mental ramblings

Won't bother you with my ramblings again.

Boolit Master

Make good targets - I use a scoped .22 from the picnic table and shoot 'em off the now-spoiled tomatoes. Another disaster imported - added to Japanese beetles, kudzu,killer bees,Obama/etc.

I am going to give them a try as flux when I melt down a batch of WW this weekend. I will let you know how it turns out.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Archey View Post
    I am going to give them a try as flux when I melt down a batch of WW this weekend. I will let you know how it turns out.
    STINK

I was at the range yesterday and the damb things were all over the place. In and on all my shooting gear. Was thinking about going today but then remembered the bugs. Next week the weather is going to be cooler they say, so maybe that will slow them down, I hope.

Around the second week of Oct. it will also be the begining of the ladybug onslaught in Lebanon county. I hate them just as much. Was one of the reasons I gave up living in the woods for 41 years and moved.
    Mr. Bill2

Powdererd sevin has stopped the stink bugs from eating my zucchini. If it wasn't stink bugs, it's japanese beetles eating all my grapes. Tough year for bugs this year in Ohio.
    Ohio Rusty
    "This is America !!, where many have fought and died for our right
    to celebrate our views with inflatable creatures in our yards ......."

We have a stink bug here Australia too. Native I think. I was eating a choc - chip cookie one day and thought I dropped a chip on my shirt ~ It was a stink bug and yes they taste like they smell.
    Lead foot;

Boolit Master
    I see them damn things all the time, but then I'm a mite closer to their source...
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Buddy
    I almost fell off a ladder this week while I was painting my house. About a dozen came out of a soffit vent right into my face when I ran the paintbrush over it.

Anybody have a recipe for them?