Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Pedersoli .30-30 Rolling Block

Boolit Buddy

Pedersoli .30-30 Rolling Block

Anyone know who has one in the US? I have found them for sale new in Canada, New Zealand, Germany, UK, and Australia,but not in the US. The Pedersoli model is "S.812 Rolling Block Sporting". I have found it here in .38-55, but would really like one in .30-30.

-yarro

Boolit Master
    I have one of them that I bought second hand some six or seven years ago. It is a great cast bullet shooter which is all I have ever fired from it. The last I knew (some years ago) Flintlocks Etc. had them but I have no idea if they have any now. I would love to add one someday in 38-55 but it is not a high priority with me.

Boolit Buddy
    I checked Flintlocks, etc and they had the .38-55. I will call them when I finish getting my workshop straightened out and see if they can get me one. I assume it wil be months if they can. I have 2 original Danish Rolling Blocks and a Pedersoli .45-70 set up for long range. I just want something that I can walk around with a shoot the occasional deer. It will would be nice to use a lot less lead up each shot too.

-yarro

I sort of have one. It had a very rough barrel, rough enough to shred cleaning patches. I was firelapping it and stuck a J-bullet in the bore. Then stuck the rod I was using to pound it out. Ruined the bore, sent it off to Clearwater reboring, now I have a Pedersoli rolling block in 35X30-30. And I really like it, nice smooth bore and super accurate. I bought it on Gunbroker about 4 years ago, I think it was imported by Traditions.

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    I think the 38-55 would be a much better walking around gun than the 30-30. I had a Savage 1899 rebored/rechambered from 30-30 to 38-55 and its one of my favorites. In a single shot you have more bullet options than with a lever action.

Boolit Buddy
    I already reload .30-30 for a Contender. I figure if a .30-30 out of a 12" barrel will drop a deer just fine then 26" will be that much better. I already reload for so many calibers that it is getting out of hand so I really don't want to add another one. If I want to hunt anything bigger than that I have .45-70 and .50 Danish Rolling Blocks that are more than up to the task.

-yarro

Nobade,
    I had a 1916 vintage model 94 .30-30 rifle that was completely shot out. I pulled the barrel and sent it to Randal Redman for reboring to a .357 bore diameter. It's one of the best shooting lever guns I have. Much more pleasant than the .30-30 and I can shoot pistol bullets in it. RCBS list the dies (Special order) and usually has a set in stock. A .30-30 case gets one trip through the sizing die and it's ready to load. The barrel was stamped 30 WCF so I had the local engraver add a .35 to the front of it---.35-30 WCF. Makes folks go, Hmmmm?

Boolit Buddy
    This is a post that is almost 9years old, instead of starting a new thread I decided to resurrect an old one.

I see this Rifle still listed in the DP :
    website https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sch...-sporting.html

I think it wil be make a good gun for just fooling around with, I happen to have a dieset and almost 5000 143gr bullets pulled from mil-surplus 7.62x51mm ammo, and about 200 cases. So besides from powder and primers this rifle would not cost me alot to shoot for a long time. I would like to fit a tang sight and shoot ar silhouette pigs at 300-600yards

Does anyone have experience with these rifles?
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

No experience with this particular caliber in a Pedersoli Rolling Block, but with their Rollers in general. They are well made, and nicely fitted. The .30-30 can be pretty accurate, and I think the 300 yd. shooting will be reasonable. Not sure how well those .30 caliber projectiles will hold when you begin pushing it out past 400 yds. though.
    You may find that accuracy with a 140 gr. .30 caliber bullet begins to fall off dramatically after 300-400 yds.

Boolit Master
    Think Cherry's Fine Guns carries the Pedersoli line. Might be worth the trouble to check them out. Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I see this Rifle still listed in the DP :website https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sch...-sporting.html
    Man-- that is a nice rifle! What more could a guy want for moderate range hunting and target shooting?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinman93 View Post
    No experience with this particular caliber in a Pedersoli Rolling Block, but with their Rollers in general. They are well made, and nicely fitted. The .30-30 can be pretty accurate, and I think the 300 yd. shooting will be reasonable. Not sure how well those .30 caliber projectiles will hold when you begin pushing it out past 400 yds. though.
    You may find that accuracy with a 140 gr. .30 caliber bullet begins to fall off dramatically after 300-400 yds.
    I am quite surprised how little velocity the .30-30 gain with a long barrel, using QuickLoad reloading program it looks like one may be doing just short of 2500fps at the muzzle. I have a Encore 15” Pistol in .308win that do ok @ 500yds using 143gr Mil-surplus ammo at 2450fps that goes our very reliable to 500yds, I recon it will not hold much accuracy after that... It will definitely be a fun gun on 300yds silhouette pigs off hand shooting for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Man-- that is a nice rifle! What more could a guy want for moderate range hunting and target shooting?
    You bet!
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Boolit Master
    I would think that with Leverevolution Powder and a 150 spitzer one could come real close to .300 Savage performance. Larry Gibson is probably the expert on this combo. GF

Banned

cherry's mostly has nothing in stock, but can make special orders for pedersoli guns. that usually takes 1 to 3 months. they also sport top dollar price tags, if not more than top dollar. i didn't see any .30-30 s/s guns at DixieGunWorks, but by far their pedersoli gun prices are the total opposite of cherry's and the best prices i've seen on those guns anywhere. i'd check with DGW and see if they have what yer looking for lurking in their back storeroom as that is not a popular caliber for roller or sharps, or they might be able to order one for you.

I’ve always wanted a 30-40Krag rolling block but it’s little cousin 30-30 would definitely work!

Boolit Master
    You guys are singing my song, I definitely want a single shot 30/30, but would settle for a Henry since my .223 and .243 in that guns shoot so well, and love the way they handle. Texas I saw a Ruger #1 in 30/40 the other day, and it was new in the box, NOS, unfired. I was reaching for my wallet until he told me $1300 plus tax!

Boolit Master
    Koger, I'm live near Corbin. Where did you see the No 1 in 30/40, its on my bucket list.