Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Savage 94B Help

Boolit Master

Stevens/Springfield 94B Help

I took the trigger guard off my Stevens 94B, (single shot break-open shotgun) by removing the rear screw and turning the guard off the action. Well, it seems the front of the guard was held on by a screw coming from inside the action down into the front of the guard.

Now I need to take the action apart to get the screw out and back into the guard, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I have a blow up parts diagram, but no disassembly instructions.
    Last edited by Uncle Grinch; 05-16-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Whatever you do, if you start taking the action apart, wear safety glasses. Flying springs can easily take an eye out.
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA

In Remebrance

Gun Parts Corporation probably has an online schematic. Well, this is for the new oewer model.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/...aspx?catid=925

Looks like the screw is either accessed just in front of the hammer or from outside the action just ahead of the breech block.

Might be worth a call to Savage to see if they have disassembly instruction available.

Banned

Losing the front screw from the hole is a pain or you might be able to pick up the threads by turning the trigger guard. Later models were changed to an outside screw.
    Some of the rods with the springs have a hole in them where they come through the back that you can stick a pin in. Some don't, so be careful with them.
    Even with everything out, the screw is still hard to reach unless you have an elf with an elf screwdriver!

Boolit Master

Living Right!

I really must be living right....

While studing my problem, I cocked the hammer and peered into the action. Lying inside was the screw on it's side next to the hole. I shook the action and it fell into the screw hole!

I inserted a screwdriver through the opening in front of the hammer and held the screw while I turned the trigger guard in.

Man oh man was I happy!
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )