RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you cast today?

FINALLY! today i got to go play with the silver stream for a while. i cast up a couple of hundred 40 cal pistol boolits, and about 100 of each of the following" 30-30 150g flat nose, 30 cal pointed gas check, 460 ranch dogs, and about 500 45 acp 230g. rn. i dont actually count them. i guestimate. that is close enough for me. when they get low, i just go cast more. that, is a wonderfull feeling.
    Silver and Gold are for rich men. Lead and Brass is MY silver and gold! And when push comes to shove, one of my silver and gold pieces will be more valuable than a big pile of actual silver and gold.

Boolit Master

Yes I did.... Poured up 180 keepers from the Mihec 200 gr 452 HP. Took me a while to get er up to temp - should have cranked up the hotplate. Once I got everything happy at 750 things went pretty well. Beautiful boolits. .4525 to .453. Perfect. enjoy Mike

Boolit Master

OH MAN! I thought I was the only one! The bulk of my casting is done in Dec-March but I was tired of hauling wood so fired up the pot.

Cast a bunch of BRP's .462-420's in PB, GC, and GCHP for the 45-70's then went on to cast a bunch of NOE's .432-265's for the .444!

What a relaxing, pleasurable way to spend a few hours! WOO-HOO! 45-50 temps are finally here after a BLISTERING summer up here in Northern Michigan! Even had to fire up the shop heater and took wife out to the shop for some liquid refreshment later on!

I almost never cast for quanitity, always quality. Just like moving wood...........one piece at a time and it will get done if you work at it a bit each day. Soon I'll have piles of bullets to load for everything again!

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Buddy

I cast a big lead hammer. I use them to beat the snot outta things when i dont want to mess up a steel part.
    after awhile the head gets pretty mashed up, so i just toss it in my smelting pot and pour away, right around the same pipe handle.
    I made this mould out of a piece of pipe split in two

I cast 400 noe .44 300/330 gr solids and 190 7/8 0z lee shotgun slugs for a start !

Ya all are gonna make me go fire up my pot! I'm running low on 356-125-R boolits.

Yesterday was 311359 for another member "Boolit swap." Day before that, Ranch dog 432265. Tonight, uh... 280468, I think.

Boolit Master

This afternoon I cast up a bunch of MiHec's 434640 both round hp & solid, also a bunch of MiHec's H&G #503 with the pent hp . . .

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Yup, ya got me. Just casted out 10 pounds of 356-125-R for the 9mm. I can see a 6 banger mold in my future.

Well, my better 2/3's said she wanted some practice loads for her 7 so here's what I'm doing tomorrow.

Got it here on the forum a few days ago and got Erik Ohlen to redo the pin hole, make a new pin and top punch and true up the uneven tops of the blocks and fit of the warped sprue plate.
    Boy did he do a nice job! These blocks are twice good as Lyman dreamed of.
    Home made boolits and bread hot out of the oven.
    Life is good.

Boolit Master
    Today i did a few .311- 165gr for testing for expansion. Yesterday was the same bullet with a diferent alloy. Now to wait a week an see which gets the nod to kill my next deer.
    Kevin

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Just spent a couple hours with my grandson casting 311284s. I should be up to about 200 of them now. Just got the mould last Friday. Bought it for the 1917 "Enfield" I bought at the Mesa gun show a couple of weeks ago (see the Military Rifles section, under My New MILSURP for photos). He's a few weeks short of 7 years old and poured his first ten or so after watching me. I held the mould while he operated the RCBS melter valve. Great fun!

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Master

Smile A nice afternoon . . .

This afternoon I cast up some 434640 both HP & Solids, and also some H&G 503's . . .
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    If I had responded to this yesterday I would have said that I cast about 110 405gr 45-70 from a Lee mold. They dropped to small for me to use - I should have checked some before I went that far. I lapped out one cavitiy and made it better, but not perfect, and cast about 60 from the first batch. Shot them today over 40 gr IMR 3031 and haven't checked for leading yet, but have my fingers crossed.

Was a good day today.... 200 of the 462-420GC's, 200 of the Miha 434640 ( solids and hollow point, almost 300 of the Miha 359640's(hollows and solids) , 100 or so Lyman 358311's, and a test run of a yard sale find a Lyman 429398 They look like trash cans from a public park, barrels with 1/2 balls on top, we'll see ) .... Gotta love fall....

Pete

Boolit Buddy

Small pile of these - Saeco 325. Hard to get a big pile of 95 grainers.

First cast from a brand new mold.

Jim

Boolit Man
    Have been playing around with a few of the group buy Lee´s this summer.
    Yesterday I did about 17 kilos of .454-260 Lloyds Smalles 45 mould for my Bisley Blackhawk and have done thousands of 358-156 PB Dual-Crimp and and Light .357 (358-123) from groupbuys honcho by Warf and also thousads of .311041 both GC and PB from groupbuys honco by Garandsrus.
    With a little Lee-menting, some Bull Plate Sprue Lube all my Lee moulds works good with boolits falling out easy,sometimes only need to give it a gentle wack to help them out.
    So thanks to this superb site with members that have knowledge to share, casting and reloading is more and more fun.
    Now I will go to my garage/casting room and cast the last of my clean ww into nice shiny boolits, then put away my casting equipment for this year and start to get ready for my back surgery so I hopefully soon can walk again without using sticks.

59stude

Buncha ~340 grain 56-50 boolits cast from a modified Lee 515-500-F mould.

The one on the left.

That's all so far today, but it isn't even noon yet...

Boolit Buddy
    South Louisiana, right between New Orleans and Baton Rouge
    3000 k LEE 175g TC for my 40 S&W

Boolit Master
    It finally cooled off enough down here that I managed to cast 200 .50 Cal Lee R.E.A.L. conicals and 50 RBs.
    Qajaq59

One slow hit is better then 500 quick misses. "It ain't the noise that kills 'em!!!!"

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast