Fellows, I'm wanting to build a rifle in .32 S&W Long for squirrels, and need some advice regarding what to build it on - As well as possibly buying an action from someone for the job.
I want something fairly light but sturdy, that I can mount a scope on. The biggest requirement is something with the strength to hold the round. While others have done it, that cuts the Rem #4 rolling block out of the running in my eyes. Some actions that might be suitable include:
1. Model 52 Winchester (two locking lugs).
2. Remington 580 (six locking lugs)
3. There are some other 22's that have a machined bolt with a locking lug as part of the bolt, but I don't have any names. Suggestions?
4. The Stevens 44 or 44 1/2 might be possibilities if I can find one I can afford.
5. Savage 219 for relining
6. Uberti #2 Rolling block in .357 or .22 Hornet for relining
7. Remington #2 for relining.
If anyone has a suitable action or rifle, please let me know.