Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .500 S&W Magnum with small recoil

In Remembrance

Every 500 S&W Magnum owner should have this bullet mold. Whether you powder coat them, or cast and lube as normal, it is certainly a WOW boolit.
    Thanks for participating.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Whittler View Post
    Duke in Florida, I'm in on the MP Mold version of the pointy boolit. Will be a happy camper when it goes to production. Till then I'll have dream about them pc in red. The wow factor will be over the house!!!

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Banner Sponsor

I picked mine up used (5 rounds through it) I was told some guy came in in the morning and bought a 4" with a box of ammo, then brought it back in the afternoon with only 5rds used out of the box. I picked it up for just over $600

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
    "boolit over 10-11 grains of trail boss is a very light load"...I was led to believe you weren't to have any air space with TB. Was I told wrong?

RichardB
    Win 296 and h110 should not be reduced and would better match what you were told. Some have downloaded 296 by using less power and seating deeper to keep air space to a minimum. I have not tried this method. X2 on 70 to 100 percent for trail boss. I followed the directions posted and I think 10 grains was the 70 percent level for my combination. For smaller pistols such as the 44 mag or 357, red dot and other shotgun powders work great. Same for rifles. I just wasn't comfortable playing with the usual powders in the huge 460 cases. Trail boss is expensive compared to shotgun powders, but it is forgiving.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by coatessey View Post
    I’m sorry I love resurrecting old threads. Does anyone have light loads for the 330 grain polymer coated badman?
    When I worked up a load of Unique for a 385gr RF, I started at 12gr and worked up til I had pressure signs, which was 17.5gr, and then backed off to 17gr, which is a snappy mid-range load for my 4" 500S&W. I would recommend the same procedure for you, you might like the 12gr load and could stop there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12