Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: rossi leverguns any good?

Good find, Enjoy!!!
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far"
    Theodore Roosevelt

Well I just bought my Rossie .357mag NIB from a fellow who never shot it. Price was $550Cdn ($554US), which was less than they are going for new from retailers these days if you can find one.

Steves video is on order along with his spring kit.

Gun should be just the ticket for plinking, deer, coyotes and paper punching. I run a Ruger GP100 so it will be nice to load for both.

I am going to look at getting a 20" in .45LC next for my bush gun. The larger caliber will do better against some of our larger four legged friends.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Grand Master

In 1974 I bought Rossi 357 levergun to go with my 357 Revolver that I carried on duty. I used that gun for over 30 years with no problems. Use slicked it up to where it's as sweet to lever as a Kiowa job. It still shoots under 2" at 100 yards and shoots most 38 and 357 loads. My 44 Rossi bought in 1990 still works fine and has been problem free after i slicked the action. For the price the Rossi's are real hard to beat.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    Well I just bought my Rossie .357mag NIB from a fellow who never shot it. Price was $550Cdn ($554US), which was less than they are going for new from retailers these days if you can find one.

Steves video is on order along with his spring kit.

Gun should be just the ticket for plinking, deer, coyotes and paper punching. I run a Ruger GP100 so it will be nice to load for both.

I am going to look at getting a 20" in .45LC next for my bush gun. The larger caliber will do better against some of our larger four legged friends.

Take Care

Bob
    I have a Rossi 92 in .454 Casull /.45 LC..........so far so good.

Pushed a few full power .454 rounds through & nothing has fallen off or apart yet (other than a displaced ball joint in my right shoulder).........should have called the .454 model the MULE (as in kicks like a...) not the PUMA.

I'm watching the stock forend & front barrel band retainer pin closely after each shot & will reinforce/strengthen the wooden forend by applying epoxy & acetone if necessary.

If the retainer pin strips & fails I'll need to replace it with a larger diameter & stouter pin.

Steve's (Steve's Gunz) kit is on order.
    Last edited by pricedo; 01-11-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234