Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: electric scales

electric scales

In your opinion,who makes the best electric scale for weighting powder and bullets...I need on that will work when cold..And i'm guessing that it should be a plug in type and not battery..Thank you...John

Boolit Master

I only use beam scales for powder, I don't trust the digital scales for that chore. I bought the Dillon and use it for sorting bullets, brass and loaded rounds.

Boolit Master
    I bought the Midway one, used it once and then bought the RCBS. Shoulda gone RCBS first.

David

Bought a Dillon digital scale and put my beam scales into retirement.
    Montani Semper Liberi

I got the PACT electric scale when they 1st came out and never looked back...2 years ago my family bought me the electric dispenser to go with it...

My scale was too old and had to be sent back for an update to run the dispenser...however after having it now for nearly 2 years I LOVE it....never hardly misses a wieght by even .1 grain...
    With coarse grained powders it makes em all the same like clockwork...I hit dispense as I'm seatin' the last powder dispensed and its ready ta go bout soon as I'm done seatin' that one...

It makes wieghin' boolits a breeze also....can do 100 in the time a balance beam takes to wiegh 10 and I know what they are too the tenth not on-over-under as I did with the beam scale...

I've checked it against the beam scale many times and am convinced if you calibrate it right it is dead on....

Mine is in the basement at about 68-70F all the time so don't know how it'd do cold....
    Regard's John

Boolit Grand Master
    I own both a Pact and a Lyman dispenser. My loading room is normally unheated, I turn on the heat when I'm in there. Both of these units are temperature sensitive and don't like it to vary. They will still work in these conditions, but require frequent zeroing.

Banned

I bought a little digital one from Lar a while back to weigh boolits, and it doesn't seem to be to trustworthy. It will give me different readings depending on where I place the boolit.

It was cheap though so there ya go. Maybe it's operator error..

44woody

electric scale

I have a pact bbk2 it has not let me down in the last 7 years and I have weighed many thousands of loads zeroing it out is easy to do the best that I can determine it is a accurate scale 44 Woody

Boolit Grand Master

I have an RCBS digital (electronic) scale that is very reliable and accurate. However, I bought an inexpensive scale to check out and it is not nearly sensitive enough for bullets OR powder. I have relegated it to postage.

Dale53

Boolit Master

Thumbs up I recommend PACT

Pact.

Had one 5 yrs., no problems. Accurate and easy to calibrate. Customer service is courteous and patient with old folks and fools. At least with me they were.

Going to buy another in the very near furure..

Y.T.,

Wt.

Boolit Master

I have an early Pact BBK that I don't have a lot of faith in. It seems to take spells where the readings are erratic. I wind up using a balance beam scale to check the electronic scale. I imagine the current scale are much more reliable.
    Chuck

The RCBS Chargemaster has been an excellent scale for me. Better yet the Chargemaster combo is even better. Fast, accurate, easy clean up,etc,etc. No more than a min and it is warmed up ready to rock-n-roll.

[SIGPIC]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m193/stevensavage/avatars/reloadnPalacescriptresized.jpg[/SIGPIC]

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    My PACT Digital Precision scale is at least ten years old and no troubles. I don't know the model no. but it's the one that loooks like the RCBS. (I suspect PACT makes the RCBS.) Manufacturer recommends 20 min. warm-up.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Got the RCBS Chargemaster and I look at it this way now that I have used it some
    "IT WAS MONIES INVESTED NOT SPENT."
    Set it up and go. Hell even if you are perinoid to no tomorrow set it up weight the first few and weight ever five after that till you are convinced.
    One RCBS Scale and RCBS Powder Trickler collecting dust on this reloading desk.
    Ken
    Ken.

Be nice if it was better, but it could be worse

Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon
    (I suspect PACT makes the RCBS.)
    I can confirm it. At one time, PACT and RCBS were selling IDENTICAL(except for case color) scales.

HTRN
    There's nothing scarier than a Machinist with a warped imagination!

thanks for all the nice replys. You guys are a swell bunch of fellows..I really appreciate it..Now to make the final decision.....john

Boolit Master
    get the Pact! I did.

Another vote for the PACT.

I have had my BBK for over five years & I am very plesed with its performance.

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    The RCBS Chargemaster Combo has been a great addition to my loading bench.

Dave

44woody

scales

even though I have a pact bbk2 I think I would get the rcbs if I were doing it today becouse I know how rcbs warenty works and there service is outstanding 44Woody