MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ? Source for Mutton Tallow - 5# Containers or Less

Boolit Grand Master

IIRC - Bag balm is a lanolin base.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Mutton Tallow:

are you talking about the lard that is rendered out of the fat?

and yes the fat inside the carcass has always felt different to me. and in Beef it is sold as Suet. if you get fat from under the hide, it is not suet.

also, does it separate out like the bear oil that was mentioned in another thread?

Hi I brought up this old thread because I finally found a good source for Mutton Tallow. I was going to buy from Dixie Gun Works, but from the new reviews on there product it doesn't sound too good.....and they are selling 10/12oz. jars as 1lb.

The lady is Real nice and her procuct comes out of Australia. It is 100% pure Mutton Tallow. Company has been around since 1895 and has been in her family since the 50's.

Her price is $10/lb but it is an honost lb and I think it is cosmetic grade.
    Here is contact info....(no web sight yet and that is why she was so had to find).

Anita Baker
    abaker@hughes.net
    931-729-2697

...just wanted to share this info with you guys so now we all have a good source for our tallow. She may even get herself set up as a VS here on the sight....She's even cast a few boolits!
    Last edited by freedom475; 04-18-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Bird feeding suet cakes are made of rendered heart and kidney fat. Very shelf stable.

Perma-Banned

I mix my mutton tallow I am glad I got a couple of pounds the last time dixie had it.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    After this posting I found a great source for the mutton tallow. The pure kidney fat and not the meat fat that so many pass off as the true tallow. The containers are about two pounds each and very cheap for what you receive. I purchased about 50 pounds and told John Boy about them.
    My PC crashed from a virus and I had to scrap it after the repair shop dropped it while being repaired. They paid me and I purchased this lap top about 2 years ago. I did not retrieve my favorites from the hard drive and I can't remember the information. John Boy may still have it. I still have several pounds of the tallow as I became sick from medical problems and stopped making my lube. I now just use the NASA lube as it does the job as well. I enjoyed making my own lube as it became a little side hobby to my BP shooting. I also was using several other things that are very expensive to buy and the NASA is the best and it's ready to use. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Grand Master

Hopefully John Boy will post the source. I would like to purchase some.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I just found my information on the sheep tallow. The site is uswellnessmeats.com They sell all kinds of meats; beef, lamb, rabbit, pork and so on. The tallow is sold in 1.8 containers and when you open it you can hardly smell anything. Not like the other products I 've purchased in the past. They are out but you may place a backorder. I did this with my last order and received it about 5 weeks later. they have a 800 number. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Man
    Funny this old thread is all that comes up.
    Well, uswellnessmeats.com are now grasslandbeef.com and it's only $12.99 for 2 lbs, and with shipping it comes out to only $21 but they have $75 minimum, so I guess unless I want to buy an additional $54 of either tallow, or something I don't want, I'll be looking elsewhere.

Boolit Master

I'd look for bear fat first.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123