Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can we hunt in El Paso Texas and Western NM if were out of state

What can we hunt in El Paso Texas and Western NM if were out of state

One of the two Hacienda's that wifey likes (were getting both) is 6 hours from El Paso Texas. So can we buy an out of state licenses and hunt there?
    What's to hunt if I may ask?
    Someone please tell me pigs in El Paso. Please!!!
    Pigs Pigs Pigs!

New Mexico?

Boolit Master

6 hours from El Paso covers one heck of a LOT of country Duke.

A cardinal direction might be at least a bit of a hint (so we already know south is not one of them).

Or, how about a minor detail like the name of a nearby town.
    Last edited by TCLouis; 09-01-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

TEXAS is a BIG PLACE lol. I would not expect to see Pigs around El Paso though.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

Alpine

Duke:3.5 hours S.E. to Alpine from E.P., Can't say reigs, but primo Texas deer hunting..The "Hill country" (for Me that's Marble Falls So.to Bandera,Kerrville W.to Mountain Home). is out of the range you set, but worth it.. Onceabull
    Last edited by onceabull; 08-31-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: killing emoticons,and trying again
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Sorry Duke,
    Most of the hunting in El Paso is dove or quail. We have to go to either southern New Mexico or down to Alpine in the Big Bend area for mule deer. You might shoot a Javelina 50 or so miles away from EP but since most of the land is private you would need permission from the land owner first (usually the next question the game warden asks you after, may I see your license please?). I travel all the way to South Texas to hunt whitetail deer on a ranch of a friend. As far as Pigs go, I did see a pig on a farm once in the valley near the Rio Grande but I think that somebody from south of the border stole it and made tamales out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoolitBill View Post
    Sorry Duke,
    Most of the hunting in El Paso is dove or quail. We have to go to either southern New Mexico or down to Alpine in the Big Bend area for mule deer. You might shoot a Javelina 50 or so miles away from EP but since most of the land is private you would need permission from the land owner first (usually the next question the game warden asks you after, may I see your license please?). I travel all the way to South Texas to hunt whitetail deer on a ranch of a friend. As far as Pigs go, I did see a pig on a farm once in the valley near the Rio Grande but I think that somebody from south of the border stole it and made tamales out of it.
    Oh well, at least I can take wifey to see the sights in El Paso.
    Thanks for the heads up guys. And the travel info.

the game warden asks you after, may I see your license please?).

I have to chuckle at this one. The last time I saw or talked to a game warden was 1972. lol
    Not that I was avoiding them, I'm always game for a chat with most fellas. Might have thing been a geographic being I was at one time a former marathon runner and usually clad in a G-suit out in the middle of no where. lol
    Although I have found now in my old age to harvest my game closer to the road now.
    <sigh> Now..... it's just wranglers and ropers and a foot race for me would be at a local senior rest home. <sigh>
    Last edited by Just Duke; 09-28-2010 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCLouis View Post
    6 hours from El Paso covers one heck of a LOT of country Duke.

A cardinal direction might be at least a bit of a hint (so we know south is not one of them).

Or, how about a minor detail like the name of a nearby town.
    Sorry TC my writing skills have never been real good.
    El Paso and vicinity. I do hope to find El Paso as a cowboy town.

Cowgirls in El Paso?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DUKE NUKEM View Post
    Cowgirls in El Paso?
    Bring your own, there will be alot of cross border girls . . .

Were less than 4 hrs from EP, we have javelina over here . . . Dove season starts today! Quail in a month . . .
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So how far into Texas would one have to go to do this pig hunting where all the folks have problems.

I'll trade an Elk Hunt stay at our place and we will feed you for a pig hunt in Texas.
    Anyone?
    P.S. Our realestate guy says we'll have elk walk though our property several times a day. Sounds like fun to me. Let's Eat!

Boolit Buddy
    Check out the NM Game and fish web site. I want to say I read somewhere that Ibex and Aoudad were year round and OTC lic? I could be wrong, and don't know if they are in that part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Check out the NM Game and fish web site. I want to say I read somewhere that Ibex and Aoudad were year round and OTC lic? I could be wrong, and don't know if they are in that part of the state.
    Isn't the Ibex indigenous to Africa?
    Last edited by Just Duke; 09-28-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm not sure? They look good on the wall my kid shot one but they smell horrible, and the stink lingers even after taxidermy. Don't think I would eat one. The Aoudad however was mighty tasty

Duke,
    What sights are of interest to you in EP? Since I live here I can guide you in the right direction as to what is available. The one thing I can tell you for sure is not to go to Juarez! A major drug war is in progress there and the city is basically lawless. Kidnapping is rampant and car hijackings are common place. Murders are a daily thing and even if you are not involved in the drug business the guy sitting next to you at the restaraunt may be. Hit men there tend to spray the crowd with bullets around their target since they don't know who may be his bodyguards. If you take any gun into Mexico you will spend several years in a Mexican prison! El Paso is still OK but Mexico is bad news.

BoolitBill I did send him a pm to inform Duke of how bad things are down there. And to keep a sharp eye out even in El Paso.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Master

Can't even take ammo across the border!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Duke,
    What sights are of interest to you in EP? Since I live here I can guide you in the right direction as to what is available. The one thing I can tell you for sure is not to go to Juarez! A major drug war is in progress there and the city is basically lawless. Kidnapping is rampant and car hijackings are common place. Murders are a daily thing and even if you are not involved in the drug business the guy sitting next to you at the restaraunt may be. Hit men there tend to spray the crowd with bullets around their target since they don't know who may be his bodyguards. If you take any gun into Mexico you will spend several years in a Mexican prison! El Paso is still OK but Mexico is bad news.
    The only way I would ever go into Mexico is with a Tank Brigade and air support to replace their flag. :takinWiz:

Boolit Bub
    There are hogs in the Davis Mountains, Hunted them North of Fort Davis, when in college at Alpine.. That would be in 3.5 hour range for you and there are things for the wife to do in town..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast