RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Market price of Sn 63 - Pb 37 solder

Market price of Sn 63 - Pb 37 solder

What is the market price of this solder per pound? It will be in scrap form (used), fluxed and made into clean ingots. There's at least 500lbs maybe a thousand available.
    Last edited by Adam10mm; 08-28-2010 at 02:22 PM.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

The last time I bought 63/37 it was around $3/lb, from Grangers.

If your price is similar, i'm interested in buying some more.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post

Same here

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post

Me too.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Did some more research. It's actually 99.3% tin and .6% copper, lead free solder.

There's about 30 or so 60lb ingots, so figure about 1,800 pounds of the stuff.

Did a search here and the tin price from a couple weeks ago is $9.75/lb. Figure that quantity is about $17,550 just the tin value (add a grand for the copper content value at $3.31/lb but at less than half pound I'd not pay attention to it).

Interesting.
    "A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." - Aldo Leopold

Live generously.

Boolit Man
    How do you figure "a grand for copper content" when you only have 10.8lbs of copper? You would be at $17,430 assuming you could get lb prices for bulk Tin (which is not likely unless you want to be selling it for a long time).
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

"We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity."

Positive trades/sales with: pack3480, Bert2368, 62fusil, Springfield, bobthenailer, johnch, CENTEX BILL, lastborn, chuebner,
    AzShoote, Calhoun Kid, Ruckus Ralph, Zbench, hardcase54, rockrat, techlava, jbrown

Negative deals with: none

OK so bad math. .06x1800= 108lbs times $3.37/lb is $363.96. So big deal. It's still $17,000 worth.

Live generously.

Boolit Man
    right but 0.006 x 1800= 10.8 which is what you actually have. 6/10th of 1%. I hate to burst your bubble, but it's more like $14,300 if you want to unload it all sometime this year. Still a nice chunk of change.
    If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

"We do PRECISION GUESSWORK based on vague assumptions and unreliable data of dubious accuracy provided by persons of questionable intellectual capacity."

Positive trades/sales with: pack3480, Bert2368, 62fusil, Springfield, bobthenailer, johnch, CENTEX BILL, lastborn, chuebner,
    AzShoote, Calhoun Kid, Ruckus Ralph, Zbench, hardcase54, rockrat, techlava, jbrown

Negative deals with: none

Well, tin content is 99.3% of 1800 pounds= 1,787.40 pounds at $9.75 per pound is still north of $17,000 at $17,427.15.

Live generously.

Boolit Master
    In order to get close to $10.00 per pound on tin , you will be selling to individuals for a very long time.
    If you want to move it and get the money quick , expect less than half that price.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Not in any rush.

Live generously.