Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Star Model RB 30-30

Boolit Master

Star Model RB 30-30

Hi All,

Can anyone give me any info on this:

Star Model RB, 30-30, 20 inch barrel, sn14XX.

All I can find is Star closed their doors in 1997, this gun was imported by Garcia Corp.(stamped on the barrel). All the charts and info I find online show the pistols, sub-machine guns, a .22 rifle and mention of a 45-70(no info available) and no mention of this Rolling Block Rifle.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Jon

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    I've seen a couple of these at gun shows. One was rough and looked bad and the other looked pretty good and was reamed to 30-40 krag. The owner of the 30-40 said it shoot under 1.5 MOA.

Boolit Buddy
    Saw one one Saturday at the Big Reno Gun Show. Looked to be new. I always thought a RB in 30-30 would be pretty neat. There were people at the table but they didn't seem interested in selling so I have no further info. It was priced @ 475 or 495.
    Brian

Super Moderator

..................GPC / Numrich was selling these out of thier catalog for $275 maybe 15 years ago? I'm guessing as best I can the date I remember seeing them in a couple catalogs and when I called I was told they were all sold out. Still have the catalog and they had some in 357 mag too.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    45 2.1, bdoyle, Buckshot,

Thanks for the input Guys. To make a long story short, this thing(NOS) followed me home, and before I did anything, I wanted to find some info on it. So after some input and refinement- sights, trigger & action work, stock work here's a pic.

Still UNFIRED! Haven't had time for that yet.

Rick, PM me when you get the sizing die built.

Jon

Boolit Grand Master
    THAT is a cool-looking little rig!

And talk about an ultra-classic cast boolit platform.....my first cast boolit shooting in a rifle was done in a lever action 30-30, and that was the only significant rifle casting/loading I did for 5-6 years--all in 30-30.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    I have a Perdersoli RB in 30-30 that I bought a few years ago. Mine has a 30 inch barrel and I use it for long range Cowboy Action side matches with lead bullets. It shoots quite well out to the 200 yards or so that I need it to. I think Pedersoli still makes this rifle in this caliber.