Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Euroarms 1803 Harpers Ferry

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

Euroarms 1803 Harpers Ferry

Howdy,
    Does anyone out there have any experience with, or knowledge of the Euroarms, 1803 Harpers Ferry rifle?
    John

Boolit Bub
    im not real sure about your m/l but i think it was made by one of three spaggetti imports chiapa , pedratti , or armi sport , i have seen a couple at rondevue and while the gun itself seems to be pretty decent , the locks are a differant story and most need a fair bit of tweaking to be made reliable and some can have a realy stout trigger that takes 3 men and a small boy to pull , now with that being said , most times the prices on these guns are usualy better than reasonable and wont cost a lot to make reliable , and lets not forget how much fun youll have shooting it

Early ones were 58 cal instead of 54. don't know if they used a Zouave type barrel or not.

Northmn

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by northmn View Post
    Early ones were 58 cal instead of 54. don't know if they used a Zouave type barrel or not.

Northmn
    Weren't the early ones made by ZOLI? I have one from the 70s and it is made by Zoli, shoots well with the patched round ball and the lock is good as is. I have no working knowledge of the Euroarms version.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

The Euroarms rifles seem to have a history of lock problems. I know fellows who have changed out the parts and replaced them with Siler parts. This will allow you to keep the orginal lock plate. The frizzen have to be heat treated or replaced. After all that time and expense you can expect a damn good shoot'in rifle. I have seen these worked over guns win many Primitive and large bore matches.

Boolit Mold
    I just found this old thread; hope you guys are all still breathing.

Took my Euroarms 1803 out to the range today and finally, after many earlier, frustrating shooting sessions, I got it to hit the paper at 25 yards. Realized that the sights are very far off, but now I finally had a reference point. I eventually got the bull's eye using extreme Kentucky windage.
    On the question of Eurarms locks: my flint stopped sparking on the frizzen after twelve or so shots, and for all I could do, I never managed to get a final spark out of her and had to pull out the flint and pack up the rifle with a charge still in the barrel, for the rangemaster was determined to shoo me out at closing time, 5:00 pm on the dot, come hell or high water.
    I would recommend that anyone shooting one of these contraptions have a supply of emergency firecracker fuse in his shooting box so that he can touch off that last, stubborn round.

Bill 54

Or convert it to caplock just sayin.

Boolit Master
    I have a Zoli it has the three grove rifling made on the same machine that rifled the zuolve barrels. never had a problem with the lock andit shoots a .562 round ball with a .020 patch just fine.
    Last edited by bob208; 06-17-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    I have a Zoli it has the three grove rifling made on the same machine that rifled the zuolve barrels. never had a problem with the lock andit shoots a .526 round ball with a .020 patch just fine.
    Mine shoots the 562 Round ball with a .020 patch soaked in bear oil/Ed

Gotta love those patch's soaked in " BEAR OIL/ED "

Just shovelin it a lil ... nuttin personal ...