RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners

Thread: 22Lr gun to match your center fire gun

Boolit Master

Talking 22Lr gun to match your center fire gun

I have for a long time believed that one should have a 22Lr gun that matches their center-fire gun. I have a K22 and a K38 that I will have to take pictures of later and post. I like single shot rifles and have them from 22Lr to 45-90 Winchester and I wanted a 22 to match my larger center fires. Here is a picture of two 22Lr on the bottom and two 357mags on the top. If you look the top 22Lr and top 357 mag both have Soule sights to match my 30-30,38-55,40-65,45-70 and 45-90 so that when I take them out they match my center fires as much as possible.
    Last edited by Doc Highwall; 02-16-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

I have one for one of my favorite carry guns, CZ P01 has a new Kadet conversion for it, it makes the same gun its own understudy.

I also have a CMMG conversion for my Bushmaster M4gery, making it its own understudy.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Grand Master
    22 LRs are too much fun to NOT have. I've been able to replicate a lot of my centerfire irons with rimfire duplicators, with varying degrees of closeness. The Remington 581 gets close to the Rem 788s in the safe, and they all shoot VERY well. The SIG Mosquito is about a 3/4 size replica of my P-226, and the Colt New Frontier 22 LR/22 Mag is a fine undersized understudy to the Blackhawks.

My 6-shot Model 617 is a stainless lookalike to its blue-steel centerfire cousin the S&W Model 16-4. Same superfluous underlug barrel, same 6" barrel length, same holsters. My Marlin 39A is a close match to the Marlin 94s in the safe, too.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.