RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32-20 new Browning/Winchester Miroku 92

Boolit Buddy

32-20 new Browning/Winchester Miroku 92

Anyone using the new Browning/Winchester Miroku 92? How accurate is it?
    Thanks!

Super Moderator

...............Not the same cartridge as you're asking about, and mine is an older (I think) one in 45 Colt. I bought it used out of a shop on consignment.

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    I have one in 32-20, very accurate and well put together.

LEE soupcan shoot well in it, also catshooter's first group buy, works well with Unique

Boolit Buddy
    I can only speak for my 1990 B53 32WCF which shoots 1/2" or less at 50yds...if there's a new one, let's hope it shoots as well.

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    That is good to read someone is making a 32-20 model again. Those Jap rifles are nicely made. I have 2 Winnys and a Browning in fatter calibers.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Buddy

32-20 Winchester Rifles

Davidson's are offering a special run of model 92 Winchester takedown rifles in 32-20. Hopefully they will also offer them in 25-20.

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up As stated above--

+1 on Mtngunr's comments- and 4060May as well-
    My Browning (Miroku) Model 43 in 32-20 is a winner in both looks and accuracy-
    I won $200 in a turkey shoot with it back in '92 or thereabouts- first time I ever shot the thing!!
    I then installed a Lyman receiver sight, and it regularly shoots 3/4" groups at 50yds with the RCBS 98gr plainbase over Ken Waters' load of 6.5gr Unique. I can ask for nothing more!
    Miroku makes a lot of high quality firearms for Browning as well as Winchester- you will be pleased for sure-
    Pricey, I'm sure, with the Winchester label--- but-- In a few years, you won't care anymore.
    Do the deed- you'll be happy in the end!

358wcf

Boolit Master
    I imported one of Davidson's models into Canada. It is in country at the dealer but I'm waiting on my PAL (Canadian Possession and Acquisition Licence) to take delivery. I worried about ordering a 32-20 but now I'm very happy.

What twist is the Miroku 32-20 barrel?

Boolit Master
    Canuck Bob, be sure to post photos of that beauty when you get it. I'm envious, although I can't complain too loudly, as I have an original Winchester Model 53 in near mint condition in 32 WCF (32-20)

Boolit Buddy
    And here is me with a lowly Marlin CL in 32-20! But you gonna like that 32-20. Tis a fun caliber for lots of things.

Tom

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Keeper View Post
    And here is me with a lowly Marlin CL in 32-20! But you gonna like that 32-20. Tis a fun caliber for lots of things.

Tom
    Nothing lowly about a Marlin. My first lever was and is a 444 Marlin with the pistol grip and barrel bands. Finest hunting rifle made, bar none. Sports a peep and big moose drop dead with single 265 Hornady's through the chest.

Kirk I will post pictures as soon as my PAL arrives.

I own both a Browning Model 53 and a Davidson's Miroku Winchester 1892 in .32-20. Both shoot well.

Canuck Bob, I just checked the ROT in the 1892 and I measured a bit over 19 1/2" so I'll call it 1 in 20". Here is a pic of my rifle (I hope):

So I guess I'll need more picture posting prowess!

[img][/img]

Boolit Master
    Nice!!

I apologize for the confusion in posting the picture.

Anyway, I really love this little rifle. Because I own several other Miroku-made lever guns, I have some experience in removing the rebounding function of the hammer and lightening the trigger pull. With this gun I also removed the tang safety so I could mount an MVA schuetzen soule sight. I shoot the gun almost exclusively at pistol cartridge lever gun silhouette matches, and it has shot very well there.

Thanks, KirkD!

Boolit Master
    Cimarron, you just made my month! It looks like you covered the tang safety with that sight. What sight is that?

My dealer phoned me when the gun landed here and described the gun to me. Nice even wood grain and fine fit and finish. I hope it looks like yours.

Sorry I responded before reading your detailed post. I had visions of Winchesters dancing in my head. Other than that there is usually not much in my head!

Canuck Bob,

That particular sight is made by Montana Vintage Arms

http://www.montanavintagearms.com/

It's a soule (soo-LAY) style and is the Schuetzen model. It's pricey at $375, but, as I already had the sight, it was a matter of buying another base for $96 and switching the sight back and forth.

But a Marble's or Lyman or Columbia precision will cover the safety hole just as well. And you must remove the safety as the forward sight base screw hole must be drilled through the forward portion of the channel the safety button slides in.

I really like the vernier-style sight as I don't like counting turns of the sight stem to effect changes in elevation. Also, at this years cowboy lever action national silhouette championship at the NRA Whittington Center in New Mexico, I had just finished shooting the rams and moved to the chickens, my last target of the small bore event. Before my relay I turned my Marble's sight to its lowest setting and then counted turns up to my chicken setting -- or so I thought. But I had absented-mindedly returned the sight right back to the ram setting! I had a 26 heading into the chickens, but only hit four of them. I kept lowering the sight, blithely unaware that I had the wrong setting dialed in! Oh, well, it's painful to be dumb! With a vernier sight, I can tell at a glance what the sight is set on.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Boolit Buddy
    I was happy with my Marlin CL but now I NEED one of them 92's! lol I am looking to change sights cause the standard Marlin opens don't work fo rmy tired eyes anymore. I like your set up red! And I'm guessing that they make bases for the Marlin CL. Sigh, with the cost of that sight it will be a $1,000 rifle.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast