Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Does Anyone Have Lyman #225646 .225 Bullet Mold?

Banned

Does Anyone Have Lyman #225646 .225 Bullet Mold?

I'm wondering the the Lyman #225646 bullet would shoot right from my AR and Mini-14. I'm looking for a GC bullet that will be semi-accurate from these platforms and still hold enough charge to cycle the bolt.

Any suggestions if this isn't the right mold for me?

stephen perry

River

I have the 225 646. It Cast in the 55 grn range. If you Cast it up as a linotype bullet you should be able to run 2500 fps. I don't shoot an AR but what I have seen hundreds of times it doesn't take much to cycle that action. The weight of the bullet and some good velocity will cycle your action. Try several powders but I always try Unique powder. Red Dot, 748, and Unique all gave over 2000 fps in the Lyman 47 manual with an AR 15. Your results should be the same as in Lyman 47.

Stephen Perry
    Angeles BR

Banned
    OK Thanks. I may have to mess around with my buffer, buffer spring, and extractor springs, but it should work ok. I have an extra heavy buffer and spring in it right now since I fire the Lake City production stuff that is designed for the military. They are some really hot loads!

I got to thinking about it, and if I lowered my spring rate and lightened my buffer ... I should be ok with using pistol powder behind them.

THanks