Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: RD TL358-100-RF 6 Cavity

Boolit Master

RD TL358-100-RF 6 Cavity

The TL358-100-RF is my second offering for the 380 Auto. My work with a heavy bullet for full framed 380 Autos is complete and the molds and bullets are out and in use. That bullet, the TL358-125-RF goal was to provide a Hatcher Index that met or exceeded the index for a 115-grain 9mm Luger bullet and my offering exceeded the expectation. This buy for the "Little Brother" 100-grain bullet addresses the short magazine requirements of typical sub-compacts that are chambered for this cartridge while providing a slightly heavier bullet to help improve impact energy and increase the "Hatcher Index".

For a complete drawings, please see my website link at the bottom of this post.

These are Lee Precision six-cavity molds without the handles. The bullet has Micro Bands (TL) for tumble lubing with liquid Alox though they will pass through any traditional lubesizer. The bullet nose is a "round-flat" design with a 72% meplat.

Conditions of the Buy
    • The design is set.
    • The design meets the SAAMI 380 Auto chamber spec. Only your chamber cast from your firearm can tell you if this bullet is appropriate for your needs.
    • The buy will run to the closing date. A minimum number of buyers is not required and the buy will not end early. If a set up fee is required to complete the order, Ranch Dog will pay the fee.
    • Lee has run about 60 days on all my buys this year. Do not expect delivery before November 1st.

Warranty
    When the molds arrive, I will measure the actual cavity cut on a sample mold from each shipping box to insure that the molds meet my drawing specification. I will not measure each mold.

If the molds meet my satisfaction:
    • They will be shipped to you.
    • Any further warranty issues will be between you and Lee.
    If the molds do not meet my satisfaction:
    • they will be returned to Lee as a lot. No exceptions, I will not accept them. You can:
    • Wait for the warranty work, it might be up to four weeks.
    • Have your money refunded.

Shipping
    All molds will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail. If you use the PayPal, be sure your shipping address is a valid USPS address before you pay! If you have a change of address during the buy, keep me up to date. Shipping charges, to be included with your mold purchase, are:

Shipping, outside Texas:
    One mold, $10
    Two molds, $13
    Three molds, $16

Shipping, inside Texas:
    One mold, $6
    Two molds, $9
    Three molds, $13

I will ship outside of the US. International orders will be sent via USPS First Class Mail. They will not be insured and shipment is at your own risk. The customs declaration will state the product and price paid. There are no exceptions to these conditions. PayPal, my credit card services provider, will calculate the correct shipping costs and I only accept International orders through this source. You do not need a PayPal account to order, use your credit card.

Payment
    The molds are $52 each.

Payment is made by credit card or PayPal. I use PayPal Merchant Services, you do not need a PayPal account to make the purchase with your credit card. Your purchase will add you to the buy. Use the PayPal link below.

If you would like to pay by personal check or money order, use the "Snail Mail Purchase" button on my web page to register for the buy (see link below). At the end of registration, you will be provided my mailing address. Your payment must be received within 7 days or you will be removed from the list. The last day to register as a snail mail buyer is August 24, 2010. I will not take this form of payment after this date and the "Snail Mail Purchase" button will not appear on my web page.

Please ask any question in reply to this post. To make your purchase, credit card or via snail mail, visit my web page:
    Ranch Dog's TL358-100-RF

Buyers:
    03258 - 1
    23149 - 1
    32210 - 1
    60453 - 1
    65202 - 1
    65059 - 1
    77954 - 2
    85282 - 1
    93610 - 1
    95660 - 1
    Last edited by Ranch Dog; 08-31-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: added buyers
    Michael

Boolit Master

Added buyers
    Michael

Boolit Master

Buy is closed and molds ordered. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Ranch Dog; 08-31-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    Michael

Boolit Master

The molds came in this afternoon, look and measure great. They will ship Monday!
    Michael

I made some of these this morning.

I used 25/1 and am hoping to experiment with hollow pointing a few of these.

Weight with my alloy runs around 103 grains and the ones I tried chambered in my Colt Mustang without sizing.

Take care.

Boolit Master

Cute little buggers but I sure would hate to be on the receiving end!
    Michael

Boolit Master

RD,

Did you happen to purchase some inventory moulds? I don't have a 380 but have been looking for one and I thinkthis would be a good mould to have on the shelf.

Boolit Master

Yes, this will be an a mold I keep in inventory as I feel the 380 Auto has been highly neglected. You can find it through this link:
    Ranch Dog's TL358-100-RF for 380 Auto Compacts and sub-compacts
    Michael

Michael:

Here's what this bullet looks like after drilling a shallow/medium 9/64" hollow point in the top, using my RCBS trimmer as a lathe.

I'll let you know if and how these expand next time I get a chance to go shooting.

My ultimate goal is to make a bullet that will penetrate better than the 90 grain gold dots, yet still expand some @ .380 velocities.

We'll see.

Boolit Master

Very interesting! I will be doing some penetration testing once hunting season is over.
    Michael

Can anybody clue me in on this mould. Is it available ? These are just what I've been looking for for my IV Pony. Thank you for any input, enoch.

Ranch Dog does not run these anymore. Lee has added this design to their catalog, 356-95-RF is the number and it is available in 2 cavity and 6 cavity. I got my 6 cavity from Titan Reloading and it drops at 97gr for me.

Boolit Master
    Anyone know if other RD molds have been added to Lee's current list? Figured I would ask before I place an order!!!
    “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Bored1 View Post
    Anyone know if other RD molds have been added to Lee's current list? Figured I would ask before I place an order!!!
    Not aware of any others picked up by Lee. NOE is running the Ranch Dog designs now. http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=71