WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - Riverwalker76

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by riverwalker76 View Post
    Every stone I sent out was usable. As I stated many times in my post. These are sharpening stones similar to what you would find at a rendezvous as a replica. It's all a matter of opinion. As I stated earlier ... I took three 5 gallon buckets to rendezvous several years ago, and I couldn't keep them long enough to look at. It all depends on what circles you run in as to what your tastes are. Many people find them desirable. Sorry you didn't.
    Keep in mind, most buying at a rendezvous, are lithic artists, planning to use these type of rocks for making projectile points and knife blades, not using as sharpening stones.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

RiverWalker 76 I sent you a PM days ago as I was informed you would send out a replacement stone but I have not heard anything back from you as to the status of the shipping of said stone?
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Banned
    I've got no dog in this fight either.

I just would like to know how to find one of these rendevouz ? I hunt on a Texas "mountain" that has a layer of banded flint protruding out the side. Looks identical to this stuff. I've sent some to folks who knapp who wanted it for the price of postage. If its worth something, I could become rich. The last nodule I hauled out to decorate my flowerbed weighed 254lbs and it was just a small piece.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post

I just would like to know how to find one of these rendevouz ? I hunt on a Texas "mountain" that has a layer of banded flint protruding out the side. Looks identical to this stuff. I've sent some to folks who knapp who wanted it for the price of postage. If its worth something, I could become rich. The last nodule I hauled out to decorate my flowerbed weighed 254lbs and it was just a small piece.
    Depending on quality it's worth $1 to $2.25 a pound if in good sized spalls as knapping material, a little more if you slabbed it on a rock saw.

jim

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way

Flint is completely different than the stone used for sharpening knives and such. This stuff is grainy, and more akin to really hard sandstone compared to flint which is tight grained, smooth, and comes off in flakes.

Boolit Master

For some reason the movie"Jeremiah Johnson" keeps coming to mind. I hear Johnson asking the oldtimer for something to sharpen his knife with, and he hands him one of riverwalkers stones, one that he had been using for years. And Jonson complains that it is just a rock. To which the oldtimer says"Well, I'm sorry about that, Pilgrim, what did you expect, the nearest trading post is a thousand miles away". The ad did say "mountain man stones".

Boolit Buddy
    Any chance you will respond to my PM or let me know if/when you shipped a stone to me or send a refund?

Didn't think so.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post
    Flint is completely different than the stone used for sharpening knives and such. This stuff is grainy, and more akin to really hard sandstone compared to flint which is tight grained, smooth, and comes off in flakes.
    Ahhh my mistake, the rock in the photos appears to be flint to me.

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    There are different colors of flint. I generally use English flints which are grey in color. French are generally amber, and somewhat transluscent. The flint that I've seen from Missouri is more milky looking, and opaque.

Boolit Master
    Still no stone in the mail.

Novaculite does indeed extend to north Texas, you may well have it. The finer grades knapp very well, the lesser grades you pass off as something else. Colors range from black, pink, red, white, and spider web patterns or mixtures thereof.

Most all knappable material on this continent is actually quartz althought the term flint is commonly used.

jim

Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post
    My "sharpening stones" finally arrived in the mail. The tracking number doesn't show any scanning other than when the postage was purchased, and when the package made it to the local facility for delivery....no scan to show when and where it was first dropped off.

Anyway, for those of you who might of thought I was "bustin' his stones", just wait....what I received were just shards of rock with no flat surfaces. If someone were to try and flatten these, there wouldn't be any left! The "large" looks like it might work as a stone axe.

I find it difficult to believe that someone would have the nerve to sell this stuff. Its no wonder that he didn't post pictures.
    I am with you.
    On 8/25 I was informed that Riverwalker76 would replace my rock but I have not seen anything as of yet?????????????????? Nor has Riverwalker76 replied to my messages on the subject.

And to be honest as I have said many times I did not wish to have another darn rock but to have a refund but that was refused by Riverwalker76 as it seems the case for others on this forum.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjuudo View Post
    Novaculite does indeed extend to north Texas, you may well have it. The finer grades knapp very well, the lesser grades you pass off as something else. Colors range from black, pink, red, white, and spider web patterns or mixtures thereof.

Most all knappable material on this continent is actually quartz althought the term flint is commonly used.

jim

Jim,
    I am not in north texas but rather west texas. This stuff if light grey to dark grey with orange bands. I find arrowheads, scrapers, etc made out of the stuff on the place as well.

Jim,
    I am not in north texas but rather west texas. This stuff if light grey to dark grey with orange bands. I find arrowheads, scrapers, etc made out of the stuff on the place as well.
    If it is knappable there is a market for it.

jim

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    From the looks of the quotes below, it appears you need to respond to the PM's in your in box, and return the money to those who feel they have been taken.

Quotes;

As of Friday, no shipment, no response to PM requesting confirmation of payment.

Have not recieved stone. Requessted return of funds.

I am in the same boat as Swamp

Not received the stone nor a reply to my PM's and now request a return of funds.

RiverWalker 76 I sent you a PM days ago as I was informed you would send out a replacement stone but I have not heard anything back from you as to the status of the shipping of said stone?

Any chance you will respond to my PM or let me know if/when you shipped a stone to me or send a refund?

Didn't think so.

I am with you.
    On 8/25 I was informed that Riverwalker76 would replace my rock but I have not seen anything as of yet?????????????????? Nor has Riverwalker76 replied to my messages on the subject.

And to be honest as I have said many times I did not wish to have another darn rock but to have a refund but that was refused by Riverwalker76 as it seems the case for others on this forum.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy

No stone has arrived and I have pm'ed asking for a refund. Malcolm

Boolit Bub
    still no stone riverwalker please pm me with the status of my stone.

Boolit Grand Master

Same deal for me. Still no stones. Riverwalker please pm me with the status of my stones.

Joel

Boolit Bub
    No stone today
    Buckbeans

Banned
    Bump to the top..........THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED A.S.A.P

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast