Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: DEADBEAT - Riverwalker76

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Love View Post
    As far as size goes, I guess it depends on how you interpret "roughly". I am posting a photo of my "medium" stone.

My stone arrived today, I have it, maybe it will be a good sharpening stone, maybe not, but it is not even close to the size the original ad stated as medium. With that said, I will keep it and try to forget this entire episode.

Brother_Love at least it is purty lol. Might look ok in a garden lol. But I see no flat on it so it can be used to sharpen anything. Might as well go out and use a sidewalk lol.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Buddy

I am disappointed.

"$25 shipped for a large stone (upwards from 6" X 8") This one will last multiple lifetimes!"

Well, my "large" stone arrived. It doesn't come close to the description in either direction, no matter how hard I rub it. Actual size is 4"x6" at the largest points. That's a substantial difference, especially when RiverWalker76 said upwards from 6"x8".

This stone is even more expensive than any of my black or white Arkansas stones were. Of course, they were those old-fashioned rectangular shapes—not custom like this.

I'll give him a chance to make good and send what he advertised, but to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Given the "problem" with the first shipment, I would have expected that the replacement stone would have been better than advertised. Had it been, I would have ordered more. Now he runs the risk of having this escapade be his legacy on this site.

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stone-long.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	25263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stone-short.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	25264  
    Last edited by Gunload Master; 09-11-2010 at 11:37 PM.
    Plans and dreams are what we have until life gets in the way.

XNGH E Clampus Vitus, Platrix Chapter No. 2 "Credo Quia Absurdum"

Boolit Bub
    im not going to get involved in the debate , i like the looks of the stones and even though some are disapointed , they do look a lot better than any ive seen at rondevous , riverwalker after all the hoopla dies down and you get some free time i'd be interested in a few that havent been heat treated ,

Boolit Master
    I recieved my stone today. I asked for refund before he stated that he was having trouble with shipping. Since I was told that refunds are not possible I will chalk this up to experience.

I am sure of one thing and that is I will have no further dealings with riverwalker76.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    I am sorry RiverWalker76 but it is up to each person to determine if they get there moneys worth or not. It has nothing to do with how others may or may not feel about there purchase.

I'm sorry, but I'm not here to argue semantics. There have been more than enough people post on this thread to justify that what I sold were Mountain Man sharpening stones, as I clearly stated in my original thread.

It appears, by what some have said here... that they expected to get a square stone that was sawn flat on all four sides. I clearly stated that these stones were rough. Indicating that they were not sawn.

Now, after the fact ... some are arguing that they didn't get a flat sharpening stone. I don't get it ....

If you don't know exactly what you're buying ... don't buy it. Don't badmouth and blame the seller, because his product didn't live up to your expectations when you purchased it without knowing what you were buying! The seller isn't there to hold your hand. If you don't know what you're buying ... don't buy it. Don't be a pain in the tail and ask for your money back when you should have known what you were getting!

That's what some of you are saying to me. You're saying that because you didn't know what a Mountain Man Sharpening Stone was ... I'm supposed to give you your money back because you didn't know what you were paying for. Come on !!!

You can't please everyone. I've come to realize that. I have to say ... the people that have been pleased with their stones have outweighed the ones who haven't! It's just that the one's who aren't happy are getting all of the attention and making all of the fuss.

Thank you to everyone who appreciates these stones. It is apparent that you knew what you were buying, and the others did not.
    Last edited by riverwalker76; 09-09-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    That's very nice to say. I didn't expect anything that was sawed flat and square; I have my own diamond saw. I did expect a hunk of stone to be at least approximately the size advertised.

he is right, you can't please everyone. I guess I didn't know I was buying a stone substantially smaller than what was advertised. I know what a Mountain Man Sharpening stone is, I just expect the seller to follow through on what is advertised. So if I'm making a fuss because my large stone wasn't, make it right.

Richard
    Last edited by fishhawk; 09-10-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry , but I can't accept the premise that it's my fault the stones weren't as advertised. If I'm at a rendezvous and am looking at your wares, I have the option of buying or not based on the actual product. If you advertise a specific size of stone, deliver it.

This is a hobby/interest that deals in specific dimensions. If someone wants to sell a "bunch of .308" J-bullets" (a specific dimension), and you deliver .284" bullets because you just judge the size by eye, the buyer has a righteous complaint. This isn't a matter of semantics, RiverWalker76. Follow through.

Richard
    Last edited by Gunload Master; 09-11-2010 at 11:37 PM.

I am sorry but when you say sharpening stone then there should be at least one side flat. Nobody has complained that they are not perfectly square or anything of the sort just something they can use other than something to look at or throw in a garden.

And when you tell people you have a certain size then guess what you should at least take a min to make sure it is at least that size or larger.

I have not received my rock as of yet but to be honest it really does not matter as I have a deep feeling it will be just another darn rock to remind me of how someone took advantage of the good people of this forum.

And again as many others have said you should have at least put up some pictures of what you had instead of BS about why you could not put them up.

Also as what others have said I will no longer have any dealings with Riverwalker76 as far as sales. Or for any other reason on this forum and neither will hundreds if not thousands of members of this good forum. You will just be a bad memory.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Boolit Buddy

I got mine Wednesday. It will sharpen a knife. Both were smaller than advertised.
    Next time I will wait for pictures so I know for sure what I am getting.

I found my stone waiting for me this evening.I had ordered a medium size and it is larger then the small dimentions but not by much.Never the less it is the real material and does sharpen steel very well.Mine looks like a large flake you might use for knapping.I held the knife stationary and pulled the stone down the length of the blade.Almost too agressive but Im sure it will smooth out a little as I use it.

Boolit Buddy
    Riverwalker76,

It doesn't matter who is "right" because the customer is always right and if he doesn't like the product then it is defective end of story. You need to mail the unsatisfied buyers a postage paid label so they can return the defective merchandise for a full cash refund.

You "lost into thin air" more packages last month than I have lost in the 10 years I have been an online vendor shipping thousands of items worldwide. Frankly it appears as if you spent the shipping funds and made smoke screens until you could replace those funds and actually ship something. I'm not accusing you but rather pointing out the appearance of the situation, and since you actually did make those shipments it will be easy for you to post scans of the post office receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by riverwalker76 View Post
    ...I'm supposed to give you your money back because you didn't know what you were paying for. Come on !!!...
    Yes you are required by law to represent your product accurately and you did not mention you were selling random scraps of rock from a quarry. If the folks here don't understand your product what makes your think the postal inspectors will?

Quote Originally Posted by riverwalker76 View Post
    ...You can't please everyone. I've come to realize that. I have to say ... the people that have been pleased with their stones have outweighed the ones who haven't! It's just that the one's who aren't happy are getting all of the attention and making all of the fuss...
    You can please everyone either with the correct product shipped promptly or with a full refund. Sometimes you can compromise and offer extra product or a shipping refund if there is a reasonable delay in shipping.

PP

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Well,, after the shipments this week arrived and more misrepresentations were obvious I have removed Riverwalker76 from the membership, I really wanted to believe that it could be resolved in favor of all parties but in light of the evidence now there had to be an end to the charade.

As much as I wish for every sale and offer here to be above board and 100% honesty and integrity to be the vanguard and motto of this area it seems some folks have no problem preying on others no matter where they land.
    Last edited by waksupi; 09-10-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

Oh Well, at least it was only $15.00. I kinda feel like Charlie Brown in the "The Great Pumpkin" when he said, "I gotta rock!".

BL

Moderator Emeritus

If anyone needs to reach RiverWalker76 you can contact me or Ken (45nut) for email address and phone number. We're not going to leave anyone hanging here without a way to contact RiverWalker76.
    Last edited by Gunload Master; 09-11-2010 at 11:38 PM.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Buddy
    Now that RiverWalker76 name is out there, it's just a matter of time until someone Googling his name will come upon this sordid tale. Quite a legacy.

Richard
    Last edited by Gunload Master; 09-11-2010 at 11:38 PM.

If anyone is not happy with there purchase of there rock from Riverwalker76 Please send me a PM. As I am going to take some action.Thank You.
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 09-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Boolit Master

Arrived today, friday 10Sept10. I ordered "medium" and I feel that's what was sent. It appears like a couple of the others received. Has some concave surfaces and one very nice concave slightly larger than my thumb. Not all my sharpening requires a flat surface, as in curved wood gouges and wood lathe gouges. It does have adequate "flats" to sharpen my pocket knife and a serrated edge blade. I'd say it's medium-fine grit and somewhat aggressive when used dry. It cuts faster than my medium India stone but doesn't leave a rough edge. I see this stone as being a useful addition to my growing collection of stones.

As for the seller... He made good and that's the end of the story far as I'm concerned. I'm not walking in his moccasins so I don't feel qualified to pass judgment on him.

Dutch

As of yet I have not received my replacement stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    If anyone is not happy with there purchase of there rock from Riverwalker76 Please send me a PM. As I am going to take some action.Thank You.

Moderator Emeritus

Jester, you should PM yourself with all the information you're going to need if you haven't received your replacement rubble yet.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Quote Originally Posted by trey45 View Post
    Jester, you should pm yourself with all the information you're going to need if you haven't received your replacement rubble yet.
    what?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast