• Browning

80 3.25%
  • Other

22 0.89%
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever poll

Boolit Master

Lever poll

Alright when it comes to levers which are your favorites? I think I got most of the popular ones up there.

Marlin with 45-70 and 45colt being favorite caliburs.

Boolit Grand Master
    I went with Marlin due to the microscopically small preference for the easier field-strip of this make. By numbers, the field is even (3 each), with a Savage 99 that could use some company as well.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I also went Marlin . . . that's all we got, and it's good enough for me!
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    had to throw one in there for the savage 99. Definitely one of if not my most favorite rifles to take darn near anywhere....when Jen lets me....
    Some where between here and there.....

Just bought two Marlins this month. My first levers, but a long time searching.

1895 GBL 45-70

1894 44mag, 1978 vintage.

1. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
    2. Never point a firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot.
    3. Keep the finger off the trigger and firearm on safe until ready to shoot.
    4. Know the target and what's beyond it.

Boolit Master

I have a Marlin 95 in 45/70 a Winchester 94 in 30/30 and a Henry in 22 Mag I like them all for different reasons and applications.
    A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Man

Marlin 94, old model is fine shooter and handy as all get out. I have a new to me Rossi 45 Colt carbine that I haven't shot yet, so had to go with Marlin.

Boolit Master

Marlins are smoother than most I have shot.

In Remembrance

I'm one of the odd balls.

Rossi gives me more bang for the buck. Have the .357 carbine and .44 rifle.
    Better guns than original 92s. I have probably owned three dozen 92 Winchesters. Can't afford them now!
    Had one of the Marlin 94 .44 Magnums and couldn't deal with the 1 in 38 twist and large groove dimension.
    I feel what with the John Wayne cool factor the 92s are more wild west feeling.
    No lack in accuracy.
    Stronger than Marlin? Don't want to start a pithing contest!!

Life is good
    Last edited by looseprojectile; 04-15-2011 at 11:48 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Savage 99 all the way, baby! I still have a .250 and a .38-55, and they both bring home whatever they are pointed at. I also have a Winchester 1894, but I don't care for how it tends to sling ejected brass right into my eye socket. Glad I wear shooting glasses.

Erik.
    When I die, I want people to look at my coffin and say: "He sure owed me a lot of money."

Boolit Master
    I had a hard time but went with Marlin as I have more of them than any other brand. However, My favorite lever rifles are my Rossi in 45 colt and My Winchester 94 plain jane beeter 30-30 that goes with me everywhere.

I own about a dozen Marlins, two 94 Winchesters (.30-30 & .44 Magnum) and one Savage Model 99. My vote goes to Marlin for simplicity, functionality and high fun factor.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Boolit Master
    I have had several Marlins, and 94's, my favorites and IMO the best quality of all time were the original Miroku repro's from the 80's that Browning ran, all the them, I or my dad have had all of them at one time or another and they were all great guns. Located a brand new in the box 86 a couple of years ago in the carbine, but didn't have the money at the time.
    I must say though, if I could have any of them band new it would be a brass rotor Savage 99, them are just sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Boolit Bub
    I just added two Marlins in the last week. 1895 and a 1894 in 44 mag. I'm lookin forward to a whole lot of trigger time.

although not the best made by far,my fun gun for clanging steel has always been my Rossi '92 clone in .45colt.It goes to the range more than any others.

Banned

I picked Marlin because as a whole line they are the simplest, best functioning, most reliable, user-friendly, and affordable leverguns ever made. Like Estwing hammers, they just plain work. Glad I own a Marlin, I want more.

That being said, I have shot a friend's Browning BL-22 and that was the slickest, most fun and accurate little .22 I have ever fired. VERY hard to put down. I'm also partial to the Uberti/Cimarron 1860 Henry in .45 Colt. I have fired many others, even owned a few, but they didn't stay long.

Gear

Boolit Master
    I own 26 leveractions at the moment .

Have one nice old 1905 vintage Winchester Model 1894TD in 30WCF and all the rest are Marlin's in 444 or 45-70 . Well there is a Marlin in 375 WIN but I think I just sold it , if so I'll replace it with another 444 or 45-70 !

So with all that being said which brand do you think I picked LOL's !
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    I like the 92 design but a Winchester is not in my vocabulary $$$$ nor does any other over the counter manufacturer sell a lever action in 454 Casull so for a nice, solid, accurate rifle that may need a TLC for a silky smooth action without the ding in the wallet, I voted Rossi.

However if I was going with a 45-70 then Marlin.
    Last edited by RobS; 08-02-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Ruger 96/44 - 'cos that's what I got and I love it. The only annoyance for me is the four round mag, as it's my pig hunting gun.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast