Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
RepackboxPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It Is ALIVE! Automated Master Caster

Boolit Master
    Seen a lot of things here. As far as the complex stuff goes this is by far the best completed idea I have seen yet! "As I type this I am casting 550 boolits"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will probably never be able to afford the master caster, let alone the cost of having one of these built for me. But, you should consider making and selling these.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Boolit Master
    I think that is significantly better than hiring a "man servant" . Well, maybe not. Try yelling at it to go get a beer.

Banned

Well we know what he'll be doing on labor day.

Watching his machine run!

We need some video of it running!

Hey RobBob how bout a video of this Magnaifficent machine in operation !!

Dear Sir:

having just now seen your added automation for your master caster, I am interested in purchasing a model for my master caster.

Aster having run a commercial casting business for ten years, I am selling my two Magma cast masters and lube sizer and all my mold sets. I do want to continue casting for my personal use and would like to automate my master caster.

Here is the rub, I am a ludite when it comes to things electrical, mechanical, etc. Therefore I rely on geniuses such as yourself to buy from.

Would you be interested in producing another automation system and selling it to me?

I look forward to hearing from you. You can e-mail me at mgraefe@telusplanet.net . I am in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Kind regards,

Max
    Carpediem4570

After reading the history of Dillon Precision, this is almost the same thing.

The story is Mr. Dillon was given a Star/Magma Loader in a single caliber way back when and he asked them if they sold conversion kits. They told him they only sold them as is with one caliber and if he wanted to change it, it was up to him. He figured out how to make new toolheads to swap and sold them to friends and the rest "progressively" grew into the Dillon Precision we know today.

I think some of the best inventions have come when someone was told, "It cant be done" or "If you want it, do it yourself".
    Calehedron
    Roll Tide!
    KCH Reloading
    Custom Cast Bullets and Brass Processing
    Owner/Operator
    A small garage based business

Quote Originally Posted by JIMinPHX View Post
    Try to keep them in mind for next time. You can get the little ones for like $200 now. That probably would be a whole lot less expensive than buying a bunch of discrete control components.
    You can get them for as low as $99 and the software is free for a limited version. I am an electrical engineer/programmer for a small integration shop in Nashville and we use this one a lot for low end jobs. The high end ones cost more than $6000 for the PLC and another $5000 for the software. Of course I can run an entire factory with one of those.

Boolit Master
    Skipper, that link has a goofed prefix. Here's working link. Thanks for sharing Skipper! I'll remember to send you PMs with questions if I ever attempt this myself.

Screenshot of what's at that link attached for future reference should that page go down (seems vendors like to do that sometimes).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D0-05DDProducts.jpg  
    Last edited by Dannix; 01-23-2011 at 01:18 AM. Reason: had to fix the link

Hey any time. I do this for a living but I'm happy to share with fellow hobbyists

Cast Boolits Owner

To be honest, it was a huge pain (and pretty expensive) to get together. For the effort I expended I almost wish I had kept my eyes out for a used production machine and rebuilt it. It does work great but it is not the kind of adventure I would like to go though again.

Sorry,

Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by carpediem4570 View Post
    Dear Sir:

having just now seen your added automation for your master caster, I am interested in purchasing a model for my master caster.

Aster having run a commercial casting business for ten years, I am selling my two Magma cast masters and lube sizer and all my mold sets. I do want to continue casting for my personal use and would like to automate my master caster.

Here is the rub, I am a ludite when it comes to things electrical, mechanical, etc. Therefore I rely on geniuses such as yourself to buy from.

Would you be interested in producing another automation system and selling it to me?

I look forward to hearing from you. You can e-mail me at mgraefe@telusplanet.net . I am in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Kind regards,

Max
    Carpediem4570
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123