Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Lee Bevel Base molds & lubesizer

Boolit Buddy

Lee Bevel Base molds & lubesizer

I use the Lyman 4500 lubesizer and had an awful time with lube on the Lee bevels. I tried some of the ideas members here posted about foam, etc. in the die.

Well, I finally just took my 452-230-TC to a friend and had him mill the bevel right off. They lube beautifully this way - I went through one pot of castings and never had to clean the lube off the bullet or the machine.

They were casting at about 238 grains with lube. With the bevel milled off they are just under 222. I use LBT blue commercial lube. I have yet to take these to the range to see if I can find any difference. If all is well, I may just mill down all my bevel-base molds.
    Email: daryl@ohioguns.us

I'm an FFL interested in wholesale purchases of modern firearms. http://www.ohioguns.us - Credit/Debit cards OK. Site has constantly changing inventory - will ship to your FFL.

Boolit Master
    very good...........I did this too with the same design and boolits weigh right at 225 grains. It is nice to actually have a bullet that doesn't make a mess when lubing on the RCBS Lube-a-Matic.

Boolit Buddy

Question

I have the same mould. Has anyone out there tried reaming out the bevel?

Iniustus lex est non lex
    Melior morior in vestri pes quam ago in vestri genu
    Semper Paratus, Semper Fortis

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" Barry Goldwater
    "Never argue with an idiot.They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".
    ANON