RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: CVA Scout pistol 44 Mag

Boolit Master

CVA Scout pistol 44 Mag

I know someone who is considering a CVA Scout handgun in 44 Mag. Do any of you have any experience with this gun and can share your thoughts?

Boolit Master

I loved mine! It and a cheap Millet red dot would do >2” at 100 yards with just about any ammo I used. I have some Lee 320gr FRNs loads that would do right at 1”. And I thought it was more comfortable to shoot the 44mag with the CVA than a Contender. It out shot my Ruger SBH Hunter and Super RedHawks Hunter pistols with Ultra Dots!

I do wish they would have made the “rifle” calibers 14” and the pistol calibers 11” or even 10” barrels. Think it would have been handier.

Only reason it’s gone is that I finally found a 357mag version and had it punched out to 357MAX. If CVA made one in 41mag, I would spend the extra and get the barrel chopped and fitted grips. Wouldn’t need anything else for me.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    I loved mine! It and a cheap Millet red dot would do >2” at 100 yards with just about any ammo I used. I have some Lee 320gr FRNs loads that would do right at 1”. And I thought it was more comfortable to shoot the 44mag with the CVA than a Contender. It out shot my Ruger SBH Hunter and Super RedHawks Hunter pistols with Ultra Dots!

I do wish they would have made the “rifle” calibers 14” and the pistol calibers 11” or even 10” barrels. Think it would have been handier.

Only reason it’s gone is that I finally found a 357mag version and had it punched out to 357MAX. If CVA made one in 41mag, I would spend the extra and get the barrel chopped and fitted grips. Wouldn’t need anything else for me.
    Thanks for the report. I'll relay this info.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't have the .44 in the cva but do have 243 and 6.5 creedmor and they are very good shooters. Just got a 350 legend but have not shot it yet. They have good triggers and work well. Have a bunch of contenders and for the difference in price the cva's are well worth it and they are cheaper than the contenders.

I’ve kind of been wanting to get one in .243.
    This is not helping resistance……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I meant to say “<2” at 100 yards”!
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....