Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hensley question

Boolit Buddy

Hensley question

I recently aquired a group of molds in an estate and in was one i had never seen before.

It's marked
    Geo. A. Henlsey
    Sandiego

the handles are rough wood should be replaced and the handles have been rusted the four cavities look dirty but fine.

HOw much is the mold worth?

THanks
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Boolit Grand Master
    Got a picture? Says the guy that can't figure out posting pictures.

Robert

It would depend on several factors.This mold came in 3 different lengths...A,B,C which or course made 3 different weights,some more desirable then others.Also this mold had 2 lube grooves and NO crimp groove another drawback to some.
    I have paid as much as 100.00 for a four cavity H&G mold.Because of the style I probably wouldnt pay more then 50.00 for this one and only after seeing pics.However others might pay a bit more if they need that boolit for a special firearm.
    I hate to say it but theres a lot of collectors who pay way more for these molds at various auction sites when the bidding gets going.
    Are you interested in selling it?Or do you just want to know about the mold?
    12358150 equates to a #12 mold(swc/2 round lube grooves no crimp groove) .358 diameter as cast and 150g,the longer of the three......Robin

Boolit Buddy

Sorry for the poor photos i'm thinking i would love to keep it but also that to get my money back out of the lot of molds i picked up i might have to sell this one. And maybe the four cavity 130 i got in the lot too.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

In Remebrance

Check the completed auctions for similar Hensleys on Ebay. I think you'll be surprised.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow i'm impressed! those prices are not what i expected. i'm hoping to keep hold of the 12 since i have so many .35s however the 251 might have to go.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Quote Originally Posted by .357 View Post
    i would love to keep it but also that to get my money back out of the lot of molds i picked up i might have to sell this one. And maybe the four cavity 130 i got in the lot too.

You have a very early (1930's, my guess is 1938-1940) 4 cavity GEO A. HENSLEY mould. The style you have is one of the first, if not the first, 4 cavity designs George made when he first started offering 4 cavity moulds. The offset sprue plate, along with the design of the handle hinge are the indicators.

Congrats. You have a very early 4 cavity mould made by George Hensley, before the firm became Hensley & Gibbs.

Tom in Va.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.hensleygibbs.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Boolit Buddy
    cool, thanks for the info texas fly boy
    Μολὼν λάβε