WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 257 Roberts loads for the Grand daughters

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT Farmer View Post
    I think I will try a lighter load for a trainer, not for recoil, but for noise, those suckers cracked. Most kids in my experience equate recoil with noise, and they can learn trigger and hold with a pop gun. I think it would be fun in a ground hog pasture.
    Tryusing hearing protection. That will cut one major cause of flinching greatly.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRT Farmer View Post
    I think this will be one of those boring rifles. Tried 4227, loads shoot great in the range I want them. Tried 4198 loads shoot great .I have Blue Dot, I will try that. Don't you hate it when every thing you try works. I was worried that a heavy for caliber might be fussy, but I like this rifle.

I know what you mean ....... no challenge ........ !

I recently barrel swapped a Savage 110 into a .338-06 and it just like most everything I feed it ........

......... NO CHALLENGE!!

But for your purposes ...... and the time constraint ....... it's a blessing!!

I hope your Grand daughters get the time of their lives out on their first deer hunt ...........

.............. I'll bet the grin on your face will be visible in outer space!!!

Three 44s

Boolit Master

I am happy to report the rifle has spent the last two weekends in a deer stand in Kansas, just the deer are not doing their part. The girls have shot the rifle with J ammo and no flinches. The youngest one has wanted to shoot tree rats with it on the ladder stand so I guess the cast loads would be right for thegame at hand. My son is making them hold out for a deer though on the stand.

Yes Three 44s I got the first call when one of them got her first turkey with a shotgun I found for her, momma was ticked, so I will have to wait for second call
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12