RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Price check please

Boolit Buddy

Price check please

I need some help, I've been thinking about building up a mauser in .257 bob, getting pretty serious about it then i walk into the gun store and find a rem 700 in great shape in .257 bob with 3x9 bauch and laum (spelling?) scope. I'm looking at the rifle thinking wow i kind of want that. I put it on hold till tuesday. I"m looking at about 550$ pre tax and they offer layaway which i would be taking advantage of.

What do you guys think jump or no?
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Banned

that would have to be one of the limited run classics and thats a very good price for one. Ive seen them sell routinely for 800 bucks and up. Either that or if its got a black tip on the stock its a cdl and 550 is a fair price for that one.

Boolit Grand Master
    You will have that much or more in a Mauser by the time you buy all the parts, more if you have to pay for the labor. Plus if you have to sell it in the future, you will come a lot closer to getting your money from a factory rifle than a sporterized Mauser.

However, it is a lot of fun building a rifle.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the info, i looked in the safe and there is nothing i can bear to part with to trade so i'm SOL.

Shucks!
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Boolit Buddy

Thumbs up Buy that Remington!

A 700 Classic, with a classic round like the 257Roberts! What a find, and at a fair price as well!!!
    You will be glad you came up with the funds, even if you have to eat top ramen for a year!

358wcf

Boolit Buddy
    Where in 505 is this bargain? My wife is on her way to Taos...........nah, never mind. She'll probably blow the gun budget on Nambe or something.