Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: .359 -125 HP Mihec mould

Boolit Master

.359 -125 HP Mihec mould

I just cast my first HP boolits using Mihec's mould. All I can say is---THEY LOOK GREAT! I thank the guys that have posted in the past about using a HP mould. I heated the mould up real good and filled the cavities. As soon as the sprue started hardening I turned the mould upside down and pushed the HP fixture out. The boolits just fell off by themselves. I don't know if I lucked out or what, but I am a happy camper. I was using range lead with 1 lb of solder added to a full pot of lead. Never used that smiley before but it seems appropriate.
    Last edited by Charlie Two Tracks; 07-16-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: changed info.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master

Congratulations! I'm glad that it's working out for you. Looking forward to hearing your range report.

I'm assuming that your pot is at least 20 lbs and your "solder" is 50/50. If these assumptions are correct you could probably get by with 10-12 oz of solder. I guess that it doesn't really matter all that much, just a penny or so more for each boolit.

EW

Boolit Master

And . . . if you catch them in a trap, you can reuse them many times! (after you re-cast them . . . )
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.