Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideal 360271 s

Boolit Buddy

New here and have been doing some research on the 360271 mould. I realize this is and old thread but its such a neat little boolit that it deserves attention. This is what I have in mind eventhough it wasnt meant to be. I want to load this little guy in my 9mm to see what it will do, does anyone have any comments about it? I have loaded some dummys up and they seem to cycle and feed well.

Boolit Master

You're plowing fresh ground here - the 9 isn't the friendliest cartridge to experiment with, and the 150-gr heft of the -271 boolit is somewhat outside the normal 9 weight range. But I'll bet you will be able to make some impressive groups w/that boolit. May take a little time, tho...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

I have a couple of those moulds and it's a good design. Lube hasn't been a problem and I seat to put the case mouth on the driving band and taper crimp lightly and have had no problems.

As well as I recall, most of the moulds were Ideal and on the generous side size wise no doubt as they were desinged for possible use in the .38 S &W..

I have a couple I'll trade if someone just hast to have one as I don't use them much. They're a darn fine .38 design./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    One of these moulds came home with me over the weekend, ONLY it's a 130 grain (129+ w/range lead). Mike's in at .3645-.365 though so I'm not sure just how far down I can size it before I wipe out the lube grooves. The idea is to possibly use it in a .38 Special load. After cleaning the mould up just a bit, I cast a handful to get a feel for it. The first cast was a reject but after that they dropped out quite nicely & easily.

Brian
    https://wbrpc.org/

genealogy, another area of interest

feedback - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...9613-czech_too

Same as Ideal 360271 s mine is 580 any load data?
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12