WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: hearing protectors

Boolit Buddy

hearing protectors

i bought from dillon years ago a good set of amplified hearing protectors. want to get a pair for each son now. dillon sells the peltor brand for around $130. is there another brand that is as good for less? or another company having a sale on em? thanks

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I believe I saw similar recently at Midway, or Harbor Freight. I got mine from Harbor Freight. Don't remember the cost exactly, but I believe they were around $20.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Best hearing protection I have bought yet was the suppressor for my .223 which reduces full house round report down to that of a .22RF.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master
    I bought the Harbor Freight ones a while back and found them useless! Mine didn't shut the sound off quickly enough and it was quite unpleasant. They will work with a chain saw, etc. Maybe they have improved them since I bought mine.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poygan View Post
    I bought the Harbor Freight ones a while back and found them useless! Mine didn't shut the sound off quickly enough and it was quite unpleasant. They will work with a chain saw, etc. Maybe they have improved them since I bought mine.
    I haven't noticed any delay in shut off with mine, I guess we get the **** shoot we pay for!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I use the peltor style dillons over plugs when I go to a public range.

But I agree my suppressor's on guns help cut the noise a lot.

Boolit Buddy
    supressors are not an option and harbor freight sells junk. guess its back to dillon!