Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever dealt with Hinterland Outfitters? Would love to get some feedback if so.

Boolit Master

Ever dealt with Hinterland Outfitters? Would love to get some feedback if so.

Ever dealt with Hinterland Outfitters? Would love to get some feedback if so.
    http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/

They have a firearm in stock that I haven't been able to find in stock anywhere, but I can't seem to find any buyer experience with them.

I did a whois and got:
    Creation Date: 27-jul-2009
    Expiration Date: 27-jul-2010
    Not sure how well that bodes...

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    I had to do some detective work to find out where they were located, and this is only a guess. Their fax number area code shows it to be in the Houston/Katy, Texas area, but that doesn't mean much. They have no local phone number listed and no street address. They do have a toll-free phone number. You might call them and ask where they're located. Then check the Better Business Bureau. Buyer beware.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Boolit Master
    I gave them a ring at their toll free number. It rang a few times and then I got voicemail. ... that was it. No 'please stay on the line, your call is important to us', 'you're 3rd in line', or 'press 1 for blah department, press 2 for blah' et al. Just sounded like I was calling someone's home phone.

I left a message saying how I noticed they had something I was looking for in stock, but I couldn't find anything about their company online by way of user experience et al.

They gave me a call back, but I didn't pick up because I didn't recognize the number. It was 281-298-8858.

Did find this: http://yellowpages.click2houston.com...471p.home.html

Oh, and this thread is already on the first page of Google when you google Hinterland Outfitters. Yeah. Doesn't inspire confidence does it.

Boolit Master
    http://yellowpages.click2houston.com...471p.home.html
    Hinterland Outfitters
    # (281) 298-8858
    # 25301 Borough Park Dr
    # Spring, TX 77380
    That 'Sunglass Hut' location appears to be a corporate office area. Farther down the road about though is a warehouse. Perhaps this is where they are located.

Oh, check out their review page...they got 9 product review. Yup, a whopping 9.

Maybe they are just a new startup. Maybe. Not sure why they are letting their domain getting so close to expiring though. Going to give them a call again.

Last edited by Dannix; 07-27-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Boolit Master

If you get to the point where you think you're going to deal, use this link to check their FFL status:

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

I don't do business with any FFL without looking it up first.

I'm not sure if a thread making the first page of a google search is a big deal or not. I've had castboolits come up at the top of a google search before. I've got a friend who does a large amount of net business (not guns) and has no walk in store. If you tried to find his location via the net it would be very difficult but he's 100% straight up, doing business with LE and the military.
    Last edited by Geraldo; 07-07-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Boolit Master
    Good call. When I give them another call, I'll be sure to ask for their FFL number. My point about the ranking on Google is the dearth of commentary out there concerning this company. Do a search for, say, Buds Guns, and you'll find a ton of relevant results.

Actually, what I was looking for is now in stock at www.budsgunshop.com. Now I need to look up how good they are. Heard some bad things about them cooking review of banned accounts, and heard some bad things about their retail store service. Heard some good things about Buds Police Supply, their retail store anyway. Is budsgunshop.com run by same guys as budspolicesupply.com?

Will still be looking into Hinterland -- they got prices that rival Buds, though that doesn't do you any good if the company is no good.

Boolit Mold
    Hi,

I'm a customer service representative with Hinterland Outfitters. I just ran across your post here, and thought I would answer a few of your questions about us.

Yes, we are a relatively new company, which is why you might not find a lot of customer-experience information out there yet about us. Yes, we are a legitimate business located in the Houston area. We are primarily web-based, and currently do not have a retail store, which is why our physical address is not prominently displayed on our website.

We do hold an FFL license, and we have a wide range of guns for sale, ammo, optics, knives, and tons of hunting and shooting accessories from all of the top brands.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can always call us at the toll-free number listed on our website (http://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com) or send us an e-mail from our 'Contact Us' page.

One of our previous customers has posted about us on his blog at the link below, if you're interested in reading about his experience purchasing a gun:

http://armaborealis.blogspot.com/201...interland.html

Thanks for your interest!

Boolit Master
    Hey, thanks for your post and welcome to the CastBoolits forum!

Hope I didn't stir up too much of a hornets nest for you guys. Free publicity though, yeah? You may want to make sure you renew your domain though.

I'll give you guys another ring tomorrow. Great to have another online seller.

Boolit Grand Master

Thank you for posting. You stumbled onto a great group here, almost 15,000 of us who are serious enough about shooting to at least seriously consider casting our own boolits if we haven't been doing it for years. Might ge a good resource for a startup group selling guns and gear at competitive prices.

Keep in touch.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    After a little telephone-tag, I had a great phone conversation with Brett. Apparently they are a small group with a really well done website and are scrambling to keep up with their growth. They've been around for a couple of years, but only in the last six months have they been selling firearms, and they are planning on expanding even more to hiking equipment, canoes, et al. Getting a lot of former Bud's customers I'm told. Oh, and a ton via Froogle/Google's shopping, which is how I first found them.

Their FFL is checking out OK, and over the phone they seem like some good straight shooters.

I did recommend an 'our team' or "About Us" page, which I'm told is already on their to-do list. I don't mind a mom-and-pop operation, just want to know who I'm dealing with. Kind of like summitgunbroker.com or classicarms.us.
    I also mentioned GunPal, but only tentatively as I haven't looked into it myself. If I recall correctly though, there are at least one or two vendor/sponsors here using GunPal now.

They said they try to be competitive with Buds, and one thing they don't do is charge extra for credit card orders, which is probably wise as new customers are probably going to want the safety of a credit card purchase (that they can contest if need be) rather than just mailing off a money order and hoping for the best.

I'm planing on picking up a sidearm from them. Will cost me ~$10-15 more than Buds, but I think it will be worth it. Will update once I have some experiential knowledge.

Edit: And Brett, looks like we got a banner spot open.

Boolit Master

thats pretty straight up, getting an account just to answer a guys questions... good stuff.

Boolit Master
    Well I ended up putting in an order with them. The item was as described, and I got it fast. They're my go-to place for new buys now.

Thanks Brett and co.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I ordered some 1885 scope bases

Super fast shipping
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Mold
    I bought a gun from them. It had a problem. They took care of it immediately. Great people.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tvtv View Post
    I bought a gun from them. It had a problem. They took care of it immediately. Great people.
    Glad to hear it, and welcome to the forum! Careful though -- you'll find yourself casting and learning way to much about firearms in general if you stick around too long. Whatever you do, make sure you don't check out the group buy subforum. Yeah, don't go there.

I was so impressed with Hinterland, they'll be my go-to place for future purchases.

Boolit Mold

Hinterland Outfitters are Terrible!

I received some items my wife purchased from Hinterland Outfitters for me for Christmas When I got the items they were not quite right. I noticed that Hinterland had a 30 Day return policy and my wife had purchased the items in Oct. However, I figured that since the items still packaged, were a gift and that I only needed an exchange not a refund of any money they might be able to assist. I sent an email to their customer service outlining my situation, waited two weeks and no response. I called the company directly and was told that there was no way they could help me.

Boolit Master
    With all due respect, your reputation here, i.e. lack thereof, does not lend credence to your post.

Welcome to the forum, indeed, but we need to get to know you before we consider mud slinging justified. Otherwise the target simply looks like the victim of forum trolling.

Now a word of warning: If you stick around here too long, you may find yourself signing up for many a group buy.

Quote Originally Posted by oakley6272@yahoo.com View Post
    I received some items my wife purchased from Hinterland Outfitters for me for Christmas When I got the items they were not quite right. I noticed that Hinterland had a 30 Day return policy and my wife had purchased the items in Oct. However, I figured that since the items still packaged, were a gift and that I only needed an exchange not a refund of any money they might be able to assist. I sent an email to their customer service outlining my situation, waited two weeks and no response. I called the company directly and was told that there was no way they could help me.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Wayne, you need to catch up! We are over 22,000 members now.

For the new guy complaining, thirty days, is thirty days. I wouldn't have refunded either.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Bub
    I'm glad I found this on a forum I trust! They have a 877 barrel I have been looking for and was checking reviews, when I found this thread on a forum I frequent. Not only did they have it in stock, but it was the best price I have seen on the net! If these guys are good enough for the guys here, they are good enough for me! I just ordered it.
    Thanks for starting this thread.

Boolit Mold
    OK, this is my first post, so some of you guys will want to step all over what i have to say. Step away brothers, but i have all the emails, and all the phone conversations (my cell records) to backup what i have to say. I am in the middle of 2 week worth of netherlands with hinterlands. I order what they list on the net, their lack of inventory control prohibits delivery. I finally get a delivery yesterday, but it is not even close to what i ordered. I tried to call today, but voice mail says their phone system is down (got the same message 2 weeks ago). Emailed but no reply. They have 2 orders worth of my cash, (the first of 3 orders was refunded after a week) and all i have is 200 rounds of .223 when i should be holding 1500 rounds of 9mm. This is the 3rd no interest loan i've floated them in 2.5 weeks (yes, i am the fool !). u can s**t all over me cause i'm not a vet here, but come monday and i dont have a satisfactory response from the netherlands, i'll post the emails and find a way to post the phone attempts somewhere on the net.
    Good Luck Brothers !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast