Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1383

Thread: lead bullets coated with polymer paint

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
    Hi-tek, I hope you have a huge supply of raw materials secured. I am in the backwoods of western Pennsylvania, and I see more and more Bayou bullets at small local matches. Once people try them, it is hard to spend the extra for plated or jacketed bullets to shoot IDPA or IPSC. I have been getting great results with the hi-tek method. It is an easy process to use. I am not saying the piglet method will not work, to be honest I am rather intrigued by it, but I have not been able to generate satisfactory results. Maybe I am missing something.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your blog.
    I appreciate your support.
    I have started to gear up with production over 12 months ago, as initial coatings sold into USA was sold out within very short time.
    As shipping is only way to transport this stuff, with 10-12 weeks to get product there, I have had numerous increases in demand and orders, after many had very successfully used coated alloys made in the USA.
    Demand has increased alarmingly and quickly.
    I have hopefully taken enough steps to ensure that I can meet all demands with supply and as required.
    There is a fairly large stock now in US, and another very large order under way, with another to follow a month later.
    I hope, that this ensures that I meet demand required there.
    There are several large ammo companies who are testing coated alloy specifically for rifle use.
    They are testing many tens of thousands to be sure of all results.
    So far all is well, no complaints, and this area of use is also increasing in demand.
    I may just have to move to USA, it is the only answer to cut down availability and shipping costs and will make product very affordable.
    Keep blogging,
    HI-TEK

Boolit Master
    An update on the ongoing 40 cal Saga.
    I have cast some Lee 401 175gr FP bullets from 92,6,2 alloy. This is certified alloy from a commercial smelter. They have been coated with 2 coats of Supecoat and sized to .401 with a Lee pushthrough sizer die. The coating looks good. I pulled 2 rounds and inspected the pulled bullets, The coating is intact and looks good.

I will be shooting these in my Glock 35. 2 Mates are also going to shoot them in their Para 40 cal and an STI Edge in 40cal. I'm interested to see how these rounds go in barrels with conventional rifling.
    Also going to fire 200 45ACP rounds. The Lee 452 230gr RN TL bullet is a sweet bullet to cast and coat. they fall easy from the mold and are easy to push through the sizer die.

200 rounds should be a good test for the bullet and the coating.

Later, I'm going to cast some Lee .356 125gr RN 2R from 92,6,2 and coat and size to .357 for use in my SVI 1911 race gun. She has a 4 port comp with 2 popple holes. My current load runs at 168 Power factor and shoots sweet. I'm confident that there will be no lead in the comp ports.

Thanks.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by N4AUD View Post
    I too would really like to read more about the Hi Tek coating without pig let's attacks. I'm a new member who has been lurking, and I would like to know more without all the static.
    ditto: piglet u sound like a 14 year old and embrassing! At least try to act like a business man.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by gunoil View Post
    ditto: piglet u sound like a 14 year old and embrassing! At least try to act like a business man.
    Sorry, but I am not a businessman. Neither am I 14 but it might be nice if I were.

HiTek writes that I have told that I have invented this PC-acetone method.
    That is not true, I have used it, yes, but I am certain that somebody else has also mixed PC with something earlier, and I have never said that I have invented it or invented anything else either.

Neither have I said that HiTek coating is bad or something like that. I just do not believe in that 3200 ft/s thing.

I have said that this PC/acetone method is good enough for me. No leading, easy to use and almost free too.

But people use what they want to use, also people believe in what they want to believe in.

So I am using PC and acetone and I am happy with it.

If somebody is using HiTek, so that is completely OK with me, since I am not selling anything.

And now it might be easier to find too, the latest who has imported this HiTek coating seems to be Omj Gunworks, Missouri.

Boolit Buddy
    And now it might be easier to find too, the latest who has imported this HiTek coating seems to be Omj Gunworks, Missouri.
    Thanks for the advertisement Piglet! The OMJ GunWorks is my gun business and I cast and produce under the label of Gateway Bullets. I am currently selling cast bullets and once fired brass.

HI-TEK has been wonderful to work with and his product is top notch!

I have only had one problem to date. Some how one of those Australian Drop Bears managed to get into my shipment and now we have a breeding population here in the states! We found one of them hanging from the Arch not that long ago! Lol
    Last edited by Gateway Bullets; 06-15-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gateway Bullets View Post
    Thanks for the advertisement Piglet! The OMJ GunWorks is my gun business and I cast and produce under the label of Gateway Bullets. I am currently selling cast bullets and once fired brass.
    Good luck! With those 100 litres You might coat more than three million bullets!

Boolit Master
    G'day Gateway Bullets.

Drop Bears are very dangerous....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drop_Bears.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	73662
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Buddy
    G'day Mate, I've have my drop bear hat all ready to go! Lol Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	73694

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by piglet View Post
    Good luck! With those 100 litres You might coat more than three million bullets!
    Not a bad start with trial quantity.
    I believe that much more is well under way, if not already there. More is arriving with regular shipments, so US customers who were asking for supply should be happy, as there should be no shortages like with other ammo related stuff.
    Larger shipment volumes have made coating very economical for supply.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gateway Bullets View Post
    G'day Mate, I've have my drop bear hat all ready to go! Lol Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	73694
    It looks like a fearful monster, please don't release it here,
    It already has a camouflage hat on and we will think it is a local ...lol.

Boolit Buddy
    I put the hat on it and for some unknown reason it started to hang upside down! Lol

Boolit Master
    G'day All.
    Well. Back from the range.

I sized some 9mm bullets to .357 and fired them in the Kimber 38 Super. I must say, what a difference .001" makes. The same bullet sized .356 was good. no leading and good accuracy. But sized to .357 and they rocked! clean barrel and even better accuracy off a rest at 25 yards. This Kimber loves .357. so this is what I will be sizing too from now on.

The 45 ACP loads were fired as fast as I could squeeze the trigger and load mags. My mate was filling mags as I fired them. 200 rounds later and the gun was as clean as a whistle and the barrel was shiny bright. My mate fired another 100 through his Colt series 70 and his gun was clean too. Accuracy was great.

The 40 S&W loads had mixed results still.
    The 92,6,2 alloy with 2 coats still leaded the factory Glock barrel, But when fired in my Mates Para 40 his barrel was shiny bright with zero leading. We were tapping a 6" steel plate at 25 yards with every shot standing freestyle.

I have a few Topscore 40 bullets that I am going to do a hardness test on and also check for sized Dia. I must be doing something wrong as I can fire the Topscore coated bullets in the Glock Factory barrel with no leading at all.

So. I am still a happy camper. The 9mm and the 45 bullets are now good to go. The 40 is still a work in progress.
    I have given some coated bullets to some clubmates today to load and try in their guns. I need feedback as to how these bullets work in guns other than mine.
    Happy Coating to all. no matter what your poison.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Boolit Master
    I just came down from the shed and thought I'd do an update.
    The commercial cast 40 cal bullets from Topscore Projectiles, were tested with the Lee hardness Tester and found to be 14.3BHN.
    My 92,6,2 alloy bullets that leaded today in the Glock were tested and found to be exactly the same 14.3BHN.

2 more bullets (one mine the other Topscore) were smashed tested and both showed the same quality of coating adhesion.

Measuring the dia of the bullets found mine were .4015 where the Topscore were.4025.

This .001 difference in Dia is the only thing that I can find that is different bewteen the 2 productions. The Topscore bullets fire fine with no leading at all.

Now... where do I find a .402 Lee sizer die???
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausglock View Post
    I just came down from the shed and thought I'd do an update.
    The commercial cast 40 cal bullets from Topscore Projectiles, were tested with the Lee hardness Tester and found to be 14.3BHN.
    My 92,6,2 alloy bullets that leaded today in the Glock were tested and found to be exactly the same 14.3BHN.

2 more bullets (one mine the other Topscore) were smashed tested and both showed the same quality of coating adhesion.

Measuring the dia of the bullets found mine were .4015 where the Topscore were.4025.

This .001 difference in Dia is the only thing that I can find that is different bewteen the 2 productions. The Topscore bullets fire fine with no leading at all.

Hah. Guess you just proved what they say about bullet-to-bore fit and leading.

Lee will do that kind of work for you for very reasonable rates. Buy another .401 and ask them to open it up to .402.

Attachment 73746
    Get one of these and do it yourself, working slowly , oil the diamond stone. Or soften your alloy, less Sb, cut 50/50 with pure.
    Whatever!

Hey popper, ignorant newby here, what am I looking at?

Thanks

Boolit Master

Hey guys, here is a new twist on coating bullets!

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/new-ammo-...t-to-paradise/

Who is gonna be the first on the block to figure this process out?

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by prickett View Post
    Lee will do that kind of work for you for very reasonable rates. Buy another .401 and ask them to open it up to .402.
    Thanks, Prickett.
    I'll flick them an email.

Also considering just buying a Lonewolf 40 barrel with conventional rifling. for $175 it is cheap.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Thanks, Prickett.
    I'll flick them an email.

Also considering just buying a Lonewolf 40 barrel with conventional rifling. for $175 it is cheap.
    $175 is about 3 liters of HI-TEK! (aka a lifetime supply)

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970 LastLast