Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: lead bullets coated with polymer paint

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatBrass View Post
    I would like to know about the coating they use, The coating appears completely different from what others use. You can see a small flange on the bottom of their bullets like they were all sprayed standing up and some paint ran down and stuck to the plate they were painted on.

Could you update us on how many bullets are shot before your accuracy starts to decay? Is there any residue left behind in the barrel, and how is the smoke.

Thanks
    as soon as I get the bullets I will post pics.

when I shoot them will report too

I also would like to know more about the coating, but they would not share details

They told me that it is specialy formulated polymer coating. No specifics.

Anyway, I will post once I got more info

No longer living in the High Country, Australia, a lowlander now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatBrass View Post
    I would like to know about the coating they use, The coating appears completely different from what others use. You can see a small flange on the bottom of their bullets like they were all sprayed standing up and some paint ran down and stuck to the plate they were painted on.

Could you update us on how many bullets are shot before your accuracy starts to decay? Is there any residue left behind in the barrel, and how is the smoke.

Thanks
    Have been using these hard cast coating boolits for 15 odd years.

Firstly they are a hard cast dried coating not to be confused with hard cast boolits with a soft lube.

You can handle much the same a jacketed bullet, given a hard knock on sharp or rough material the coating may chip a little but has never shown any less accuracy.

The coating is achieved by tumbling the boolits with the liquid as mentioned in a previous post & then quickly heat dried.

Accuracy doesn't doesn't drop of at all & little or no smoke, after shooting a complete day target comp the gun only requires the normal clean at the end of the days shooting.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal' View Post
    Have been using these hard cast coating boolits for 15 odd years.

Firstly they are a hard cast dried coating not to be confused with hard cast boolits with a soft lube.

You can handle much the same a jacketed bullet, given a hard knock on sharp or rough material the coating may chip a little but has never shown any less accuracy.

The coating is achieved by tumbling the boolits with the liquid as mentioned in a previous post & then quickly heat dried.

Accuracy doesn't doesn't drop of at all & little or no smoke, after shooting a complete day target comp the gun only requires the normal clean at the end of the days shooting.
    If the finish is chipping or getting damaged the company are skimping on coating or not applying it properly. My friend who operates Mr lone Colt projectiles uses a coated bullet from the manufacturer in Western Australia who claims to be the best. He places it on the cement floor of his garage and whacks it hard with a hammer. The coating chips, gets damaged , etc. He then repeats it with one of his own and while the bullet is bent out of shape, it's finish is always intact. Brilliant stuff.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    If the finish is chipping or getting damaged the company are skimping on coating or not applying it properly. My friend who operates Mr lone Colt projectiles uses a coated bullet from the manufacturer in Western Australia who claims to be the best. He places it on the cement floor of his garage and whacks it hard with a hammer. The coating chips, gets damaged , etc. He then repeats it with one of his own and while the bullet is bent out of shape, it's finish is always intact. Brilliant stuff.
    You've got a good friend there.

Boolit Man
    He places it on the cement floor of his garage and whacks it hard with a hammer. The coating chips, gets damaged , etc. He then repeats it with one of his own and while the bullet is bent out of shape, it's finish is always intact. Brilliant stuff.
    I am not new to this coated bullet idea, I know what it is and if you look back through this thread you will see I did the exact thing you mentioned with another bullet coating, it survived and I posted pictures and results in this very thread. The issue is I am asking about a different companies product and it keeps getting pulled back to Joes product. While I am sure it is as good as you say it is the issue is I can not get the bullet coating you keep talking about here in the United States. I have been in contact with the distributors and they don't have it. I am trying to find about a company that doesn't use Joes coating (or it doesn't appear to be applied the same way as others are applying it). This coating from dabullets may be just as good, that is why I was asking TheGunMan for any info he had.
    -Wildcat

I was answering another Australian's post and he said that the finish chipped when subjected to rough handling. I made the observation that they were either skimping on the coating or not putting enough work/attention into the application.

I wasn't aware of your post.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Mold
    This with the hammer will be the first test

If the coating does not stay and chips it is nod good product

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post

Not necessarily probaby better to have a virtually indestructible coating but no doubt it would work ok unless chips actually come off. I don't really know, I've used many thousands of these and never had a problem . All of the suppliers I have bought from apparently use the same coating but some are a bit more generous and/or careful with it. They all worked ok though.

What the heck happened? Have they removed HI-TEK from the board?
    Last edited by leftiye; 08-22-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    Looks like the soft lube guys decided to zot him?

He told me he had been banned for life for being a spammer.

Well thats one way to control the market !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post

Beat a jacket bullet with a hammer & tell me its not a good product.

Well, the cat got out of the bag anyway. (Can't believe they'd do that to a legitimate, established businessman who is just trying to answer questions. They didn't do that to Freedom Arms, or a bunch of others.) It just makes it harder for those who want to acquire his product. Which IS REVOLUTIONARY BTW. Someone should post contact info for the two stateside companies who sell this coating.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Ferrara Leather Company and Bayou Bullet Company

Boolit Master
    How the hell can HI-TEK be a spammer when he is offering info freely on the forum for the benefit of members of this forum?

His product is the best lead coating on the planet.
    I have used some 9mm .356 copper plated bullets that were coated with HI-TEK Gold lube by Topscore Projectiles.

No Copper fouling even after 500 rounds.

Thanks again HI-TEK for a fantastic product.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

I think you could say I'm stunned..............if HI-TEK can be banned as a spammer for supplying information on a product which should have been available to the USofA at least ten year's back.

Questioning it will also I guess, have consequences!!!!

worse yet, it looks like his posts have been removed. I searched for posts from user 'HI-TEK' and there are none.

Boolit Mold
    I received the bullets and they look very good to me.

The size and weight is consistent

I did the 8 lb hammer test and the coating is like part of the lead - no chips, no cracks.

I will load some and fire test them so I can speak about the quality first hand

there are some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bullets1.jpg   bullets2.jpg   bullets3.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    Hi joe could you please send me your email address , i'v just started a bullet company called black widow projectiles, we make HBWC and we are branching out to hard cast I would love to use you hi tek lube supercoat but no one will give me your details in Australia , I'm in Melbourne so I hope you will contact me thanks blackwidow

Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast