MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Lorcin Disassembly Instructions

Need Lorcin Disassembly Instructions

A buddy asked me to help him out with a Lorcin 380 that is proving unreliable. My first suggestion was to solve the problem by dropping the thing from a high bridge, but he wouldn't go for that. He asked me to take a look at it, but I can't even get the dang thing field-stripped. Anyone willing to admit they own one of these and help me out? You could send instructions in a PM, and I promise to never tell anyone you own a Lorcin. Tony
    Last edited by AnthonyB; 05-10-2005 at 03:26 PM.

anachronism

Smile

First you take a BIG hammer.......

Bob

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    The world's luckiest CA Highway Patrolman owes his life to the unreliability of one of those cheap .380s. He was shot in the head and the gun quit working before the creep could finish him off. Of course the officer's wife is now a big anti-cheap gun spokeswoman, part of a Handgun Control, Inc. roving band. Just tell your friend that any stoppage constitues terminal disassembly.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master

Tony...you're sure lowering your standards there./beagle

Beagle, I am rather ashamed to have the paperweight in the house. I stored it down in the basement behind the water heater, and I don't think any of the real guns saw it. I would hate for the 1911s and Smiths to know it was there...
    I have tried to give it back to him once already, but he didn't really seem to want it. Maybe I will try the big hammer disassembly method. Tony

Put it to good use

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB
    Beagle, I am rather ashamed to have the paperweight in the house. I stored it down in the basement behind the water heater, and I don't think any of the real guns saw it. I would hate for the 1911s and Smiths to know it was there...
    I have tried to give it back to him once already, but he didn't really seem to want it. Maybe I will try the big hammer disassembly method. Tony
    Why not donate it to one of our LEOs for use as a 'drop gun'...

Boolit Master

When I saw the title...

.. I already had the answer; I was going to say, "Just drop it" but Tony already had that solution in mind!

I guess it is a good thing the bad guys seem to like these, preferably "chrome" plated. They aren't as likely to work well as a good Smith or Glock.

Banner Sponsor

Okay, here goes. I think?

I believe that this is a striker fireing gun and similar to others that I have had to work on. On the end of the slide is an insert that holds the fireing pin and spring in place. get a pen or pencil and push the insert in partway while lifting up on the back of the slide. You may have to push the slide back and forth while doing this. Eventually the slide will lift from the back, then you can take it off the front of the gun. If the slide will go up to the barrel mount, but not go over it, you may need to take a rubber or raw hide mallet to it to knock it off. Really, the instructions from a factory tech, really not kidding here. I took a file and made some clearance on the frame mount before I put it back together.
    Watch out as the fireing pin insert can fly across the room if you let it go.

Hope this helps.

Lar45, thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens. Tony

Boolit Grand Master

Wink

Get it to fire a few rounds and I'm sure it will disassemble itself!!

Boolit Master
    send it to me, i'll put it somewhere between 25 and 50 yds, and see if a 280 lbt at 1050 fps from my dot scoped 44 mag srh will disassemble it......
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Super Moderator

............I'd bought a 22RF semi-auto Jennings lo these many years ago for the wife. To tell the truth the little begger worked very well. I know they earned the endearment 'Jammin' Jennings', but the one I had DID work. It was for sure card table range effective and I never could fathom why they bothered to rifle the barrel. I mean after a few rounds the lands were covered up by lead anyway. If you'd been involved in a shootout in a closet you'd have probably been okay accuracy wise.

Lar45 just described how the Jenning's came apart. The rear of the slide had a keyhole looking opening in it and this was filled by a piece that carried the rear of the mainspring and the striker. As he said, you pushed in the keyhole shaped piece, lifted the rear of the slide up a bit and then let it go forward, over and off the fixed barrel.

I'd forgotten all about that little pistol. I don't recall whatever it was that happened to it.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master
    Ah, the boat anchors from Chino's "Ring of Fire". There were a group of companies just west of where Buckshot and I live that produced most of these pot-metal wonders, and one family owned a number of the firms. The trendy leftist media did a series of articles about the people involved in those companies, and the name "Lorcin" was a contraction blend of the first names of the firm owner's daughters--Lori and Cindy. The article text was incredibly harsh toward these people, and similarly harsh to a local dealer who sold a large number of the cheap handguns. The dealer is a very nice guy, and the newspapers lied outright in their articles about his statements in their interview. Gee, people do that?

Anyway, I don't think much of the guns produced by these folks, but thought VERY highly of the hysterical stupidity their products prompted from the mainstream news organizations. It would be nice to see the news media held to answer for their falsehoods and misrepresentations, but--as in the case of Dan Rather--they gotta have one foot already in the grave before they oblige the lying SOB's to retire.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Don't for get in the next 50 or 100 years they will be "Highly Collectable" items probably call them late 20th century lower priced pistols. <G>
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Still haven't managed to sneak the Lorcin past the 1911s into the workroom to try these disassembly tips, but keep 'em coming. I managed to detail strip my first 1911 in about 45 minutes; not being able to get the slide of the Lorcin says something about the designer when he is compared to JMB. Tony

Boolit Grand Master
    The quality control issues for these guns were addressed by a "no questions asked" warrantee policy. Design elements did leave a lot to be desired.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Al
    Ah, the boat anchors from Chino's "Ring of Fire". There were a group of companies just west of where Buckshot and I live that produced most of these pot-metal wonders, and one family owned a number of the firms. The trendy leftist media did a series of articles about the people involved in those companies, and the name "Lorcin" was a contraction blend of the first names of the firm owner's daughters--Lori and Cindy. The article text was incredibly harsh toward these people, and similarly harsh to a local dealer who sold a large number of the cheap handguns. The dealer is a very nice guy, and the newspapers lied outright in their articles about his statements in their interview. Gee, people do that?
    I remember seeing a segment of a show like 20/20 or something about the "Ring of Fire" companies. They compared the ROF industrial park setting with various access points and doors to a mainline company (S&W?) that was in the middle of nowhere and mostly underground with many layers of security. Lorcin et al had such a loose set-up that many cases of unnumbered guns wandered out an open side door into the trunks of waiting cars. They did a sting on some lowlife with an Impala trunk full of these one-shot wonders and he was selling them on the street for about $50 each. Don't know how accurate the story was, but it was sure damning as presented. Stan

Smile Davis, Too?

Was the "Davis" brand also part of the Ring Of Fire group? I won a Davis 32 H&R Mag Derringer in a drawing several years ago.

Fired it a couple of times just to see if it did go bang. Will eventually load it with shot as a snake gun while fishing, 'cause I SURE don't want to shoot it anymore with Mag loads!

Nice thing about the Davis is that BOTH barrels went bang, unlike my F.I.E., I think, in .38 Special. Only one barrel goes bang in it. The other barrel is where I carry my "spare" snake load. In that one I use a .357 case with a tiny bit of Bullseye, a .38 gas check, fill with #12 (or 9) shot, another gas check.

Great at 3 to 6 feet, and if they're any farther away, I can go around!

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if there were consequences for actions, especially in the print media, but elsewhere, too! Even people who file TWO false police reports about abductions, sexual assault, etc., are let off because they "have a problem!"

Rant over! Think I'll just enjoy the rest of the nice weather here on the Central Coast of the PDRKalifornistan.
    Regards,

WE

Boolit Mold
    I've got a Davis derringer in .32 acp which, although cheap, seems reliable enough. Take the Lorcin and trade it in on a Raven. You can say a lot of things about the Raven but it always goes bang. Mine is totally reliable (but it's not a carry gun).

Boolit Grand Master
    I have heard but could not verify that the group of companies had security problems of the sort mentioned above, along with hiring parolees from the nearby prisons to work at the facilities. Not sure, though. This all took place very close to--but outside of--my county.

Another funny outcome from all the foofahrah raised in the media--the "drop test/safety test" regimen adopted in CA a few years ago was intended to remove these types of firearms from the market. Unfortunately, just about every one of these pot metal wonders passed with flying colors--a thing most annoying to Cal-DOJ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast