Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: 96/11 and CB 7.5X55

Boolit Mold

96/11 and CB 7.5X55

Hi all, I just purchased a 96/11 for cast Boolits only; I am using the NOE 180 designed for the K-31. I looked at Lyman #3 and took a load for the 308W with 700X, 11 grains. It has worked wonderfully at 50 yards and makes me look good at 100 Yds. I will be buying or making a taller front sight to improve aiming. the rear was set at 300, which is the lowest it will go. At the range we have two gongs on either side of the target frames at 200 yrds. I was able to hit the gong like I have never before.. Here is a picture for your enjoyment. POA was the 6 o'clock of the large bullseye.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Work and Mine 370.jpg  

Boolit Master

I've got a 96/11. It can take 314299 sized .312". This same bullet won't chamber in the K31 as the throats are quite different. The 700X load is real good. I've used it and found it amazingly accurate compared with some other slower powders.

This is one of the neatest vintage military rifles I've owned. It was designed and built by riflemen. I can't say enough good about it. This one was $120 at the Indianapolis gunshow about 10 years ago. The sling is an old supple Swedish sling. Very crisp trigger with no creep whatsoever and shiny sharp bore.

Boolit Mold
    When my son saw this target he asked if I had bought a new rifle.LOL
    I said nope that was done with a 110 year old rifle, needless to say he has laid claim to it. My rifle was bought from a nice person that is in to HK-91's and who thinks that something so old couldn't possibly shoot so good. It was bought by his father in the 60's and had languished in his safe till he found a "sucker" for Swiss rifles. ME. Makes me think that I do not need 6 K-31's