Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just for giggles, anyone ever try this little Lee boolit in their Mosin Nagant

Boolit Master

Just for giggles, anyone ever try this little Lee boolit in their Mosin Nagant

When I saw it, I thought with a very light load, the little guy might make a fun 25 yard can buster, bunny getter, etc. It is a tumble lube 90 grainer which casts at .314", so should be a no muss/no fuss put together affair.

TL314-90-SWC

Boolit Master

I plan to buy that mold for my .32 S&W and also use it in my 3 Mosins! Should have bought the other day when I was on Midway USA!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master

I have been eye ballin that one up Midway has them on sale right now. I shot some 110 condom bullets the other day in mine with a mild load of Bullseye just to fire form some cases and open up the case necks so that I could load some paper patch boolits. Could easily shoot under a 1" at 50 yards which suprised me that they shot that well and was thinking about how much fun they were and could be made into a usefull load for small game. Whenever I get those store bought bullets used up I'll switch over to some light weight cast and make me up some small game and plinker loads.
    Richard
    Missourians for Mosins

Boolit Grand Master

Actually I have tried them in the Nagant but the Nagant pistol. They didn't shoot that great but no worse either.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Master

Ruger SP 101 #2 Mag amd 32 Long bullet

Use it in my 32 mag and 32 S & W Long I use Universal Clays Nice bullet

Boolit Grand Master

I shoot thousands of them in not only my .32 revolvers but also all of my .30/.31 caliber rifles. In the 7.62x54R I seldom even resize the case neck. I just camfer well and thumb push a .314 sized TL314-90-SWC cast of range scrap over 3.2 gr of Bullseye. No wad or filler needed. Velocity is right at 900 fps in the Finn M39. Accuracy is excellent. Wonderfull load for small game and plinking. I highly recommend this bullet with 2.7 - 3.2 gr Bullseye in all .30/.31 caliber cartridges from 7.62x39 up through the 30-06 in case capacity.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    I shoot thousands of them in not only my .32 revolvers but also all of my .30/.31 caliber rifles. In the 7.62x54R I seldom even resize the case neck. I just camfer well and thumb push a .314 sized TL314-90-SWC cast of range scrap over 3.2 gr of Bullseye. No wad or filler needed. Velocity is right at 900 fps in the Finn M39. Accuracy is excellent. Wonderfull load for small game and plinking. I highly recommend this bullet with 2.7 - 3.2 gr Bullseye in all .30/.31 caliber cartridges from 7.62x39 up through the 30-06 in case capacity.

Larry Gibson
    You convinced me Larry, just ordered it from Midway.

Boolit Master

I use LEE's 100gr RN (311-100-2R ) in my 303s, Arisakas and M-N rifles. I also use the mold for plinkers with my 7.62x39 chambered Mauser.

Sweet little plinker for 50 yrds and sometimes I pop the 100 yd target when people say that the little boolit won't make it there.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master

I have shot that blt in both my Mosins, and in 30-30 (m94), with 5 gr of unique. Fun loads, but very easy to double charge. Decent accuracy to 50 in both cals.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

I agree with the Lee 100gr. Using it for a while now over 6 gr Unique for 1245fps ave. in my 303 no1 mk3's. great round for plinking, gophers and my 7yr old son to shoot from the bench. This was the only load I found to work, any more powder and it leads badly, any less and no accuracy. Fun little boolit anyway.

Also now Paper patching the Lee 120gr .308 in the Mosin with good results, still working out a few kinks though.

Matt

Boolit Master
    Yes, I have. Got the mold for a .32 Magnum, but had to try it. Like Larry, used Bullseye, shot fine. Also have used the 311359 in a MN, a bunny would be in trouble out to maybe 75 yds.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry for the blaspheme here but has anyone ever used a <gasp> jacketed 32cal 312 diameter bullet in the Nagant cartridge sitting on top of a load of Trail Boss? Any ideas on how to give this a try? I have some access to these bullets and this thread gave me the idea.

Boolit Mold
    I have an old lee mould about 130 grns looks like an M1 carbine bullet and lots of AP 100 (herco?) may be worth a try.

Boolit Master

I have used this mold for 7.65 Argentine with excellent results with a light load of 2400. great for plinking out to 50 yards.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeper78 View Post
    Sorry for the blaspheme here but has anyone ever used a <gasp> jacketed 32cal 312 diameter bullet in the Nagant cartridge sitting on top of a load of Trail Boss? Any ideas on how to give this a try? I have some access to these bullets and this thread gave me the idea.
    I tried a few jacketed 32s in my .303 the other day. I also tried some 0 buck press fit in a .303 case. Both loads were pushed by 6.5 grains of HS-6 which was what I had on hand.
    In this instance and rifle, I had very good groupings with the buckshot but not as good with the jacketed 32s.
    These old battle rifles have a lot of personality and what shoots good in one rifle might not in the next.

Boolit Mold

I used to use .30 mauser bullets in the 7.62x54R

I used to use .312 diameter 90 grain .30 mauser and .32 auto bullets over 13 grains of Red Dot in old Hansen Cartridge 7.62x54R cases. They had shallow primer pockets.

Shot fine, but the lee dies came with a .308 expander, so I asked for a .311 and that made it easier. The flat base and short bullet made it easy to buckle necks and get wonky looking cases.

I shoot ..30 carbin 110 grainers in my 7.5 Swiss, my .308 marlin Express and .30-06 and it works well over a case full of trail boss. Accuracy can be dodgy depending on the load. I am going to switch to Vihtavuori N110 (on advice of a friend) and see if that gets better.

I'll also be using N110 in my .416 Rigby with 325 grain gaschecked cast.

I have shot all kinds of pistol bullets and boolits in my rifles. Willbird gave me some 7.62x25 stuff that would not fire a long time ago. I pulled them down and loaded the powder and bullets in all manner of .30 cal rifles. They shot pretty good. Per a Lyman book from WW2ish I got some varmint loads for 30-30 and 30-06 with the fmj bullets going real fast. I was surprised by the fair accuracy and explosive effect when connecting a critter.

I have a e double ended wadcutter tumble lube that drops .3145ish and is a hoot with light charges of bulls eye. These can be cast out of pure lead and tl with about anything resembling boolit lube and will work well.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    mannheim bob,

Would you please explain the "casefull of trailboss" ?

thank you.

Boolit Buddy
    Works good with a little Trail Boss 10 to 12 gr for me .Then again I use that same powder charge with all my 762x54 -8mm mauser-6.5x55-303 brit and bullets from 90 gr to 210gr

Boolit Bub
    I have used a commercially cast 93gn RN lyman boolit in my 7.62x39 with 3.5gn of AP70n (nee unique) behind it. Shoots very well with it, as a plinker. Never measured the velocity or accuracy, but no tin can is safe at 70 metres.

Chrispy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast