MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9x18mm Makarov

Boolit Grand Master

Miha made a.380/ 9mmMak Cramer style mold hollow or flat point and last I saw he had some extras in both 9mmMak and in .380. Go on down to the Group Buy results section and find the post on the Miha mold. If he still has any grab one. I'm waiting on a sizer die from Buckshot so I can lube and size some. It's a nice boolit. Or go to his website, his extras are usually listed there as well.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy

9mm Mak Bullets

Available at mastercast.com

Boolit Mold
    I see that I'm two years late here but if any one is still interested.

I load for three Makarov hand guns and a PA63 also in 9x18 plus a buddy has a PA63. Three of my girls use them to repel borders (CCW). I have been using bullets by Berry Bullets. They work well with HP38 and Unique. We shoot them a lot. I have yet to cast bullets but that is on my to-do list.
    I make brass out of 9mm Luger. Start with once fired brass that is “Un-Sized”. I use the Lee decapping die to remove the primer. I trim them with a Lee trimmer that is chucked up in a drill. If the pilot is too tight lube it with JB bore cleaner and it will polish to fit. De-bur and polish the cases. Next size the cases with a Lee 9x18 die. The Lee powder thru die will open it enough to start the bullets. Before these cases are fire formed they look like a figure eight. But they fire just fine and never give me any trouble. I color the bases so I can tell the difference in my home made brass and 9mm Luger range brass.
    Imported ammo does sling the brass to parts unknown. That is good news for me, there are people who shoot their 9x18s at our range and they don’t find their brass, I do. My reloads don’t fly so far away. I don’t try to push the pressure curve on them

Boolit Mold

TJD, what do you use to color the bases? I too use homemade brass 9x18 and need a quick and easy way to tell the difference between 9x18 and 9mm Luger.
    "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the ********." - Claire Wolfe

Moderator Emeritus

I convert 9mm Luger to 9x18 also.
    I use a red Sharpie (permanent Marker).
    it isn't really permanent,
    but lasts til they get put in the tumbler again.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    pretty much the same as everyone else. I trim 9mm brass-BELL and then size..bell again and reload. Doesn't take much extra time and the brass is pretty much where it needs to be. I use lees 9mm mak mold as cast with ww. Shot THOUSANDS of these in my cz82. BTW I also use w231.

Boolit Mold
    Ten-four on the Sharpie. I sometimes use different colors for the different guns. But as Jon B said it lasts long enough to separate it and tumble it. If you take the time to paint it into the ring around the primer and into the letters it will last even longer.
    I was invited to at a club shooting match. One course of fire was for little CCW guns. I warned the other shooters about my home made 9 x18 brass. I got home nearly with every piece. Several competitors were surprised that I had enough ammo to use the PA63 (9x18). Most of them had never heard of making their own brass. I gave away a few samples to those shooters who owned Makarov hand guns.
    My PA63 groups better than most 380s or stub nose 38s, plus its controls are almost like my 1911. Yes we scored well and I got home with most of my brass. The work is worth it.

Boolit Grand Master

I just picked one up recently and haven't decided if I want to load for it yet but I probably will. If I load for it, I of coarse will cast for it too.
    Aim small, miss small!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12