Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Cast boolit in M1 carbine

Cast boolit in M1 carbine

Howdy all: I am thinking about buying a mold for my 1943 Inland Empire M1 carbine. I was wondering if anybody casts for one and if you have any ideas on what mold I should try?

Le Loup Solitaire

Mold choice for M! Carbine

RCBS, Lyman, Lee and Saeco all make molds that will work well in any 30 Cal M1 Carb. Mold selection should be in and around 120 grains and the design should have a pointed, round, or nearly pointed nose to ensure good feeding. Since carbines usually run at around 1800 fps velocity, the choice of a gas check design is also recommended. All molds for the carbine cast relatively short bullets and quite easily. I have been very satisfied with the RCBS version, get good accuracy equivalent to GI ball ammo, no leading or feeding problems. I use 14 grains of 4227 powder. Several different brands and types of powders also work well. Keep the brass clean and trimmed to proper length and use a slight taper crimp and things should go well for you. LLS

I use and really like this one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=131296

But if funds are tight, this one works good too:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=239831

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup Solitaire View Post
    RCBS, Lyman, Lee and Saeco all make molds that will work well in any 30 Cal M1 Carb. Mold selection should be in and around 120 grains and the design should have a pointed, round, or nearly pointed nose to ensure good feeding. Since carbines usually run at around 1800 fps velocity, the choice of a gas check design is also recommended. All molds for the carbine cast relatively short bullets and quite easily. I have been very satisfied with the RCBS version, get good accuracy equivalent to GI ball ammo, no leading or feeding problems. I use 14 grains of 4227 powder. Several different brands and types of powders also work well. Keep the brass clean and trimmed to proper length and use a slight taper crimp and things should go well for you. LLS
    +1

Group buy on Carbine mold.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=76209

Boolit Master

I've shot many 120 gr hard cast boolits thru mine its a Winchester used Win. 296 powder.
    U S Navy Retired. NRA Lifetime Member. NMLA. SASS Member Time magazine Person of the year 2006

Boolit Buddy
    My M1C loves Lyman's 130 grain plain-base round-nose, cast in Lyman #2 alloy (ww+5%tin). I load that with 11.5 grains of H110 and get 1" groups at 25 yards with it. As little as 10.0 grains will cycle the action though.

I'm thinking that this also might be a nice bullet to try in some of my other 30 caliber guns, like my MAS39.

Boolit Master

The M1 carbine's a great cast rifle. Check castpics for an article that lists loads that function mine./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

I have used 311316GC, 311359GC, and 311410 PB with various degrees of success over the years---

Boolit Grand Master

115gr RCBS RN ahead of 296 powder.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!