Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Load data for 35 Rem w/heavy Boolits

Load data for 35 Rem w/heavy Boolits

I want to try some 358318 and 358009 boolits in my 35 Rem. Boolit weights are 245 and 280gr. It is a marlin. I want to develop full power loads. Will start with H322, Re15, H4895, and H335 since thats what I have that would seem to be about the right burn rate.. Any other loads with other powders are great also. Who knows what will be available next shopping trip.

Thanks, Rod

Check the nose of those boolits against the bore of your rifle. A bore riding boolit needs to fit snugly on the nose. In my rifle, 358009 is a sloppy rattling fit on the nose (Marlin large size bore microgroove barrel) and won't shoot for beans. They work great in my 358 though!

Yeah, they are for my 358 but I thought I'd play with them in my marlin till I get my 358. I might PP them.

Boolit Master

I tried a box of 358009s in my .35 Remington (1949 issue) some time back and got acceptable accuracy with it. I haven't taken the time to develop loads or shoot any more of them. They did stabilize at 100 yards so the potential is there./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

That's good news that they stabilized. I wouldn't use them for long range, 100 yards would be enough. I think it would be an excellent moose load for the tight brushy spots I seem to always get myself into.

Rod

I like the 245 grain Saeco #352 in the .35 Remington. I can get about 1900 fps with it and very good accuracy. For details see:

http://www.lasc.us/Fryxell35RemingtonLevergun.htm
    Glen

I been thinking about getting one of those.

Boolit Buddy

me to

I gota have one to when the gun fund will cooperate.

Boolit Buddy
    I have been shooting the 245 Saeco bullet as well and have been getting very good accuracy from it. I am slowly working the load up and am currently at 32 gr IMR-3031. I have experienced no pressure signs of any kind. I believe 2,000 fps is achievable. I have not chronographed the load yet.

At that speed the trajectory is quite usable to 200+ yards. If sighted 3" high at 100 it is a little over 4" low at 200 while still carrying 1516 fps and 1250 ft/lbs at that distance. With 2175 ft/lbs at the muzzle and the big, flat pointed Saeco, I believe the load should be a very good killer. I would cast the nose soft for good expansion across its useful range.

The firearm is a Marlin 336 microgroove with a Willians aperture. Bullet size is .360" I have used this bullet in my .358's for years and can assure you it is very lethal.
    .444 Old Timer, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Life Member - CSSA rocks!
    I support Canada's troops. Always caring, always Canadian, never defeated!

Vendor Sponsor
    I have been experimenting with the RCBS sillywet boolit at 250gr. It has to be seated with the gas check below the neck and the start of the bore ride nose below the mouth. I put a heavy crimp into the bore ride nose to keep it in place. I am using 54 gr of imr 4895 surplus from Jeff at gibrass.com. I haven't chronographed it yet but got a 1.625" 3 shot group the other day at 100 yards with a k2.5 weaver on the 336A with ballard rifling. I plan on doing more work on this one. The bore ride nose engraves beautifully when chambered with a barely noticable resistance.

ammohead

Boolit Master

You are shooting 54 grains of IMR 4895 in a 35 Rem case???? Just asking?

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by rhbrink View Post
    You are shooting 54 grains of IMR 4895 in a 35 Rem case???? Just asking?
    So very sorry! That is what happens when I let my well abused memory take over. I went out and checked the scale setting. It is 30 gr.

ammohead