PBcastcoRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Best ol 22 auto loadin rifle?????

Boolit Master
    I'll throw my hat in with the 10/22 crowd, just because they have been very reliable for me, and are very easy to work on. I think I've got a half a dozen variations.

If they were more common, I would say the Voere 2005/ Mauser 105. Reliable, accurate and just overall great little guns.

Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master
    My vote goes for the Remington Apache 77 Nylon with a green stock. I've got 6 mags of 10 rounds - two are taped together end to end which gives me 60 rounds without reloading. I've put it against my dad's 10/22 and can match his MOA - he uses a scope and I use iron sights. BC
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Boolit Master
    Always kinda liked the model 1903 Winchester. Also, mom had a Remington 550-1 w/scope. That was a good accurate shooter.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy

Browning grade II purchased 1967, still bringing home rabbits. Just got another rabbit meal with it today.

I always loved the cheap marlins.

Boolit Master

10/22
    even though I'm 67 it was my first and only .22 auto
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

Wow almost six pages and still going. Looks like the 10-22 and mod 60 and variants are fighting it out. Tons of each made kind of like the small block chevy.

I have my Great Grandfathers Winchester 1903 (predecessor to the Model 63) that is as smooth as they get. I like the balance and feel. It is a great rifle and design, but The ammunition is proprietary and obsolete. Aquila made a run of Winchester .22 auto. CTD has it for $21.00 Per box. Last time I checked , they still had some if you want it. I am too cheap to pay this price for.22 ammunition by any supplier (PLUS SHIPPING). I hope there are enough of us with these guns to support another run and maybe a slightly lower price. (Just hoping)
    2AMMD

Boolit Grand Master
    I meant--I truly meant--to do a "build" on my most recent of many 10/22 rifles that have come my way and gone on to kids and nephews. I made the HUGE mistake of shooting the little beater before attacking it with tools......it shot too well to disassemble and upgrade that radically. So, if another one comes along at The Right Price I will 1) just snag the thing and 2) NOT take it to the range prior to wrench-turning.

The Ruger 10/22 is the Barbie Doll For Rednecks Like Me.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Bub

My favorites are the Nylon 66, Browning and the 10/22.
    M.O.P.H.--D.A.V.-- N.R.A.-- Life Member

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dale2242 View Post
    9 million 10/22 owners can`t be too far wrong....dale
    it's the AK-47 of the rimfire world
    What I hand-load; .380acp; 9mm/9mmR; 38/357mag; 45acp;
    223rem(5.56mm); 22-250rem; 243win; 6.5 Grendel; 270 win; 30-30win; 308win; 45-70gov.

on the list to start Loading; 30-06 springfield; 222 rem; 6.5x55 swedish

"You might be a gun nut if you load 45-70 on a progressive press" -HICKOK45<- was he talking about me!?!

---
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    _________________ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned
    southern California and sometimes Honolulu, hawaii
    The best 22 auto I have: A 1970 vintage ruger 10/22 that I have been shooting for 40 years, Have 5 mags for it. Still going strong!

Most fun 22 auto: with the best comfort and feel. Remington 552 adl that I bought used with no brass deflector and "sundowner 1969" scratched on the frame, Maybe to commemorate a
    memorable camping trip the previous owner took it on. who knows? Anyway, without the deflector, it ejects empty casings about 15 to 20 ft.! For some reason I get a kick out of that.

22 auto that I think is the best ever: I never had one, but the Winchester 03 and 63 are said to be really great guns, they sure look the part. I want one, but don't want to spend the 700+ a model 63 might cost.

22 auto that I want most: The unusual and very rare marlin model 50. The first economy 22 auto from the early 1930's. Uses a 6 shot box mag (that is harder to find than the gun) fires from an open bolt. and has a long grasping groove in the forend. Who could want anything more in a 22! just kidding, but I still want it!

Jay

Boolit Master
    Another vote for Remington 241 take down. That old dog made in the 30's by far out shoots any modern 22 auto loader I have. Quality built.
    Chris

Boolit Grand Master

10/22
    It's hard to beat the reliability of the rotary magazine. Not messing with feeding a tube is a huge advantage. Mine shot well out of the box. But then I made the mistake of buying parts from Volquartsen. Now I've spent well over twice the price of the rifle on new parts.

You can build a 10/22 without using any factory parts. That says a lot about the platform.

Ruger 10/22 - Nylon 66 - Marlin 60 - Norinco ATD/JM Browning copy in that order
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 mid '70s, first I ever paid for myself $39.95, still love the pressed 'checkering' squirrel stock, paid for it many times over selling skins. Never liked the Ruger 10/22, ugly gun to my eyes.

In Remembrance

My vote is the only one for the High Standard Sport King. Best shooting 22 Auto I ever shot. Would still have it except for a low life stealing it. I do have a Marlin 60 in the stainless, or stainless look with the salt and pepper stock and a silver scope. Good looking and good shooting rig.
    Last edited by DLCTEX; 01-28-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Boolit Master

1st choice Marlin 60, always had a thing for tube fed guns. 2nd choice 10/22, just plain fun and so darn customizable!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Mold
    Did that one look like the little browning, I think I had one it was 22lr only tube mag in the stock?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee_Wizz01 View Post
    I have a Belgian Browning .22 Auto. It is much more accurate than any stock 10/22 that I have owned. It is a sweet little rifle.

G
    I had a Belgian Browning .22 auto, it was not as accurate as I would have liked, tried lots of ammo and adjustments of the barrel to breach fit, still would not shoot much better than 2 inches at 50 yards. I sold it an got a 10-22 that was more than twice as accurate and of course I had money left over.

The Browning was a pretty gun but I did not like the tube magazine or the bottom ejection and I think the takedown feature is what was at the root of the accuracy problems. It was a handy little gun, very light. I should have kept it and still bought the 10-22.

Tim

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast