RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: 375248 Lyman mould ?

375248 Lyman mould ?

I have a 375248 HP mould, never seen another just was wondering if it was a scarce mould.. Thanks Jeff

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff.L View Post
    I have a 375248 HP mould, never seen another just was wondering if it was a scarce mould.. Thanks Jeff
    Jeff,

As you are no doubt aware, the regular 375248 was for many years the standard mould for the .38-55. There were probably a pretty large number of those made, even though they are a little thin on the ground around here these days!

The hollow point version of the mould that you have acquired is one that didn't get listed a lot, but like many moulds in "the good old days" could be special ordered from the folks with the orange boxes for a slight extra charge. I would say it is pretty scarce but not truly rare, and if you want to sell/swap it, it will probably go pretty fast.

BTW, as-cast diameters for that particular cherry have been observed as being all over the place from the nominal .375 up to .382 or bigger. A large diameter mould tends to be more useful with .38-55s and smokeless particularly, since some of the bores run a bit over sized.

Regards,
    Froggie