Inline FabricationRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to buy lanolin

where to buy lanolin

Howdy all: where do you buy lanolin? I found some online but I have been trying to find it locally. I went to drug stores, They usually say that yhey have not carried it for years or you will only find it in lotions. Las Vegas, NV. is a pretty big city, somebody has to sell it.

Boolit Master

I have heard that you buy "nipple cream" and it is pure lanolin. I think one brand is even PureLan or something like that. I think my wife has some at home, from back in the preggo days..

EDIT: Found a pic of the stuff. No idea how much it costs as of now..

Last edited by Doby45; 06-16-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master

You can also get at this place for less than a $1 an ounce..

http://www.soapgoods.com/Lanolin-Anh...FRCfnAodbyN4yg

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    Quote Originally Posted by Doby45 View Post
    I have heard that you buy "nipple cream" and it is pure lanolin. I think one brand is even PureLan or something like that. I think my wife has some at home, from back in the preggo days..

EDIT: Found a pic of the stuff. No idea how much it costs as of now..

LOL! That kinda reminds me of a local card shop that had novelties and stuff besides. They had Boob Lube!

A friend of mine ordered and bought anhydrous lanolin in 1# containers from Wall Mart. BTW, for bullet lube you'll want anhydrous lanolin. Hydrous lanolin is generally available at drug stores, but its mean as a topical cream and contains water, so is an emulsion. Anhydrous has no water and is tan to brown with the consistency of a heavy grease.

this place gets mentioned alot

http://www.thesage.com/catalog/products/Lanolin.html

good reason ...they have an awesum list of stuff that will work for our purposes and decent prices ...as for local ...that's iffy at best , yes the nipple cream is one as are some ointments and lotions , corona is 50%,i found some that was listed as hydrous and 25% water ( nothing else ) i simmered the water out and it was indeed 25 % lolz but u have to work for it that way and it's never cheaper , best bet just buy a pound online [shrugz]

Banned

FWIW, the nipple cream works just fine, just expensive.

Gear

Boolit Buddy
    Anhydrous Lanolin still has the solids remaining which works well for mixing with beeswax for your boolit lube. Liquid lanolin has the solids taken out and work great when making case lube.

Horace

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Go to Amazon and punch in NOW lanolin. I have been buying it from a few different sellers. It is in a 7oz jar and the last I bought was on sale for $4 a jar. I bought 10 jars for that price.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist if they can order you some. You'd be surprised. I bought a big jar for $20 something bucks, and they had it the next day. 100% pure medical grade for mixing compounds.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Theodore Roosevelt

If your local vet is half way friendly ask him/her to order some for you. Vets use anhydrous lonolin for treating animal complaints and should be cheaper than from the pharmacy.
    Ron.

FESTINA LENTE

Thanks all: I bought some online $9 for 16oz. I try to help out the local shops as much as I can but sometimes you just have to surf the NET to get things.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Stihl View Post
    Go to your local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist if they can order you some. You'd be surprised. I bought a big jar for $20 something bucks, and they had it the next day. 100% pure medical grade for mixing compounds.
    I've asked 3 different local pharmacists about anhydrous lanolin, and they all stood there looking at me with with great big deer-in-the-headlight eyes. They all tried to point me to some lotion they had out on the shelves. I'd say, well you obviously don't know what ANHYDROUS means. I figure that if I had to explain it to them so they could order it, I was never going to get what I wanted anyway. ***?! Buy it online.

Boolit Master

Yhea when these guys say go see your pharmacist they ain't talkin about Walgreens or Eckerds. They mean you need to find you little pharmacy in town that is not hooked in to as chain, you know, a place where they still might know something. All they have at pharmacies now are robots following a script devoid of any intellect or self made thought process.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doby45 View Post
    Yhea when these guys say go see your pharmacist they ain't talkin about Walgreens or Eckerds. They mean you need to find you little pharmacy in town that is not hooked in to as chain, you know, a place where they still might know something. All they have at pharmacies now are robots following a script devoid of any intellect or self made thought process.
    That pretty much says it all, I just went through that run-around. When you go into a Safeway and ask for a price, next thing you hear is someone hollering "CLEAR" - ZAP, LOL

i met a cute redhead asking for lanolin at a pharmacy ....

Cashing out at the regester, min oil, vasaline,nipple cream, turkey baster, tea strainer,while wearing biboverall's and a Cub's hat. YOU should have heard all the snickers.
    SCROUNGER MAXIMUS

Boolit Buddy
    Folks,

I am curious why those that tend this site are not complaining about "NIPPLE CREAM"..Some child might want to know what that means that "reads" this site.

What next....KY Jelly? It is used in "wet" firearm suppressors for those of you that do not know that.

Once again, is this a site for adults, or for small children?

If you have children, of any age that should not have access to this forum, and your allow them access, that is your problem.....not mine.

Boolit Buddy
    I can not remember what said months ago...it was not "nasty" or even close.l

I was excoriated for it by some members of this forum because "small children" might read it.(Small children do not read)

HORSEFEATHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Let it go.. Just let it go.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    i met a cute redhead asking for lanolin at a pharmacy ....
    Did she need some help in administering? Just asking...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast