Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading

Thread: How many are shipping out of US

Boolit Master

How many are shipping out of US

I had an inquiry about smelting tools from Australia. My stuff is relatively heavy, anyway two ladles and an ingot mold, $43 bucks of merchandise and about $76 bucks to ship. UPS wanted about $240. The guy is thinking about it. I just can't imaging that. I may have to specify the 48 states. The ingot molds however will fit in flat rate boxes, the ladles will not...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Master

We're spoiled because we can get most anything we want made here in country. Everyone else doesn't have that luxury and have to pay for it to be shipped in.

Boolit Master

I wish we could ship to other countries AT A REASONABLE COST. Even Canada is high and i'm not that far from the boarder.
    I have shipped some beeswax to Canada few times but the cost pushes me out of the market. $12-13 for 3 lbs to ship.
    I've thought about taking a drive some weekend and bring in a few hundred pounds to Canada. With my luck the boarder patrol would keep it all for inspection, give me a full search and strip my vehicle down.

Banned

Med flat rate boxes are limited to 20 lbs, but are a bit pricey! yea,it's still about $40 or so.

I've had a few customers that wanted to buy from overseas. As much as I want to share the joy with buyers "on the continent," shipping costs are what they are. I'm sorry. As frustrated as some of us are with the cost of doing business outside the U.S., it is what it is...

In keeping costs down, I've found it's beneficial to ship "surface," and to undervalue the cost of the contents with respect to the customs declaration. Of couse that all goes to the comfort level of the customer...
    “If your only tool is a hammer, then all your problems start to look like people who need to be beaten with a hammer.”

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

As S.R.Custom said: "shipping costs are what they are. I'm sorry."

We, as vendors, have no way of controlling shipping costs, and that's the way it is.

But, offering the customer a few shipping options, puts the ball in their hands. They can choose which one suits them the most, either cost wise or time wise.

90% of my product sales are to the US. And shipping via Canada Post/US Postal Service is about the only ecomical method. I prefer to ship Expedited Parcel USA, that includes insurance & a tracking number. Which, gives the customer some added assurances that parcel should make it.

Using a courier, such as FedUp, is out of the question. And I refuse to ship any of my products via any of the Couriers. As far as I'm concerned, they are BANDITS.

I do ship oversea's, but the only method that I will use is International Parcel Air or Surface. Using this method gives me a tracking number and insurance. But, the customer pays for all the shipping costs.

I think using the services provided by our Tax dollars is probably the most economical method, may not be the best, but it does work.

Rick
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Buddy
    After receiving a number of marginal detailed ratings on garbage-bay I completely cut off the foreign bidders.

I was working hard to find them the cheapest, fastest shipping method, filling out all the forms and shipping in 24 hours all with $0 packing and handling fees and yet they were constantly whining about were their stuff was then giving me low ratings for shipping costs and delivery time. I have also had stuff stolen in route and ended up absorbing the entire loss to avoid problems.

IMO foreign customers are not worth messing with unless you have a very good reason for doing so and are fully compensated for your time and liability. Regardless what agreements are made they will try to hold you liable for stuff that disappears in route.

PP

I had someone ask me to ship a hollow pointing fixture to France. I declined because I don't know the DOD regs on exporting ammunition making equipment & it is possible that someone might construe my drill fixtures as just that. I remember seeing notices about Lee molds not being able to ship overseas because of some DOD reg, but I've never seen the reg in print, so I don't know what the rules are. France is a friendly country & all, it's not an obvious enemy that you would expect to have export sanctions like Iran, but I still figured it was better to be safe than sorry.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

Boolit Buddy
    As I understand it that would be covered by the department of state ITAR not the DOD since your drilling fixtures have never been DOD property.

I do believe your HP fixtures would be exempt from ITAR regulations which is very good news for you because otherwise they would want $2,250 annually to register you as a manufacturer regardless if you exported anything.

http://www.fas.org/spp/starwars/offd...r/p121.htm#C-I

(US munitions list)

*(d) Ammunition manufacturing machines and ammunition loading machines (except handloading ones).
    Best I can tell all manual casting/loading stuff is exempt from ITAR...but I'm not an attorney not even on TV...

PP