Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star lubrisizer question

I would much rather buy a new die than see your health decline I was just thinking that if it weren't a caliber you use..... Any way, thanks for the reply and take it easy.

unny, I recently hurt my shoulder and the treatment called for an injection of steroids. I had no idea how much arthritic pain I'd been carrying around in my hips and hands until that shot. Dang man! I felt 20 again. Too bad that stuff had nasty side effects or I'd be juicing every day. There is no doubt about it, youth is wasted on the young.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Banned
    omgb,

wow, steroids, you'll look like Arnold..think about, then you can make movies, be governor of a state, cool man.

There was a young kid that worked me at one job I had in Colorado. He was lifting weights and taking steroids. He had just gotten married too. Well didn't take long to get around, that he was beating his wife, a side effect of the steroids from what I heard. I liked him, he was a good young fellow at heart. Told him to get off the Steroids, he did. Things got better then.

Wonder how much you can take without getting bad side effects. Or is it more a time lapse thing?

Joe

I don't know about how long it takes. The Doc told me one shot a year was safe but only for a few years. It adds up. Guys doing this every day are killing themselves by the minute. The stuff they shot in me was not a testoterone steroid, it was cortisone. It won't build muscle but it sure cuts inflamation. It also can calcify tendons, harden joints, cause problems in the colon and ruin kidneys etc. The long term use of it does not lead to a pretty end or so I've been told.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2008 Swagerman's Avatar
    Quote:

It also can calcify tendons, harden joints, cause problems in the colon and ruin kidneys etc. The long term use of it does not lead to a pretty end or so I've been told.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Man, I'm already suffering from all the above and never took one of them Steroids.

My prostrate and colon are out of warranty and not working well.

But getting old ain't for sissies.

Funny about todays drugs they want to peddle, the side effects scare the hell out of a person. But the doctors are hip to the kick-back for rewards for prescribing such witches brews...and they just don't give a damn.

Jim

Gee, Who would have thought I could learn so much about steroids on Cast Boolets.

But Speaking of Star Lubsizers. For the most part, I don't think the Ebay Stars are such a bad deal. They seem to go for about $180 including one die and punch. The same thing from Magma would be $242, since they don't include the die and punch in their price. If the ebay Stars were old and worn out, the Magma would be the better deal, but I have yet to encounter a Star that was worn out. I have seen some that were broken, and their condition was obvious, but I have never seen one that was worn out.

Of course, if you keep a look out, there are always deals to be had. I have four Stars, and the most I have paid was $110.

Boolit Master
    One thing about Magma is there are times when they are backordered on the Star/Magma sizers. Sometimes 6 to 8 weeks. So then its either any of the gun related sites or Ebay or wait.

Adam

Boolit Master
    Well, doggonit, I knew there was a c ast iron part on the old one that was aluminum on the newer ones. If you pick one a San Diego Star for less than a Magma Star, good for you. I've done it and am quite pleased. I keep hearing the siren call of the bullet feeder and the pnemeutic <sp?> lube ffed. Nope, I don't need it but the viedo of them working is sure cool.

Ron

Boolit Master

bullet feeder

I have a bullet feeder on one of my Stars(the new one, which works exactly like the 2 old ones) It is a great deal for me as I size a thousand at a time, about 20 thousand a month, more or less. Some say it is just as fast to size without the feeder, and maybe so, but I doubt it. For me, I like to inspect the bullets as they go into the feeder tubes, plastic tubes that I got from TAP Plastics, that hold 25 bullets each. Then when I am sizing I don't have to look at them, just crank out the bullets. It certainly FEELS faster, and it works better for me. As for the pneumatic luber accessory, it seems like a good idea but I am going to try and make my own, it just doesn't seem that difficult. Until then turning the handle every 25 rounds isn't that much of a hardship. I just turn it when I replace the bullet feeder tube, works out fine.

I use the bullet feed & pneumatic lube feed. Both work great. I have a collator to feed the bullets into the tube also. I use a lubed bullet in the tubes to lube the upper part of the die. I find a 1 to 10 ratio to work.

When doing the Keith's for Dry Creek I caught each bullet as it fell from the die, it rolled in my hand to insure complete lube, and from there into a plastic bin.

For my own use I feed bullets by hand and let them drop into a box. The luber misses complete lube seldom and I'm not a picky as customers. HEE HEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12