Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After 40 years.....a chronograph!

And yet another tip.

If your sky shades are held with metal rods, put those rods in a safe place and get a package of bamboo cooking skewers. The first time you clip one (and it won't take long) you'll be a happy man.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    Another excellent tip! Thanks Rocky.

Can't wait to explain to my wife why her bamboo sticks were sacrificed...........

You can also cut up a gallon milk jug to make difussers and punch holes to go over the sticks. Don't set up too close or you'll burn little 'hot powder' holes in the plastic display cover. Good luck and fun shooting.

Larry

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Raab View Post
    And yet another tip.

If your sky shades are held with metal rods, put those rods in a safe place and get a package of bamboo cooking skewers. The first time you clip one (and it won't take long) you'll be a happy man.
    I have been using bright green weedeater line.. just take about a 18-20" length and make a loop instead of two sticks. The bright green really helps make sure you are IN the loop and if hit,, pops out without damaging the chrony like a hit to the metal rods will if they take a hit.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by 45nut View Post
    I have been using bright green weedeater line.. just take about a 18-20" length and make a loop instead of two sticks. The bright green really helps make sure you are IN the loop and if hit,, pops out without damaging the chrony like a hit to the metal rods will if they take a hit.
    Ingenius!! Combine with excavman's suggestion and you have a never-ending supply of exceptionally cheap diffusers (wish folks would stop calling them sky screens) and supports. I'll have to try them.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.