Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 45-45-10 Tumble lube for production

How would this work on a boolit with conventional lube groove. I am thinking for when you shoot something as cast, when you are experimenting and don't have the proper sizing die.
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    How would this work on a boolit with conventional lube groove. I am thinking for when you shoot something as cast, when you are experimenting and don't have the proper sizing die.
    should work just as good ( if perhaps not better) than the same we make at home , i say perhaps because if they switch to straight carnuba as opposed to jpw it could go either way ( hence lars asking for testers ) IMHO i think it's a strong improvement over straight LLA and i only have one TL mold ( mostly it's used on 38's , 44-40's at my house )

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    I'd buy some. I like R.A.T. Formula or 45-45-10.

same here

sb

In Remembrance
    Glenn and I have been discussing this, although both of us have been absent from around here for a bit.

I just gave him the suggestion of LLL#4 (or whatever number the final mix will end up being).

The LLL is for Lar's Liquid Lube.

I'm a fan of keeping the proprietor's name/brand close by on such things and I made it clear to Glenn that I don't want nor need any credit or recognition. Glenn and Leah are super, super great folks and if this can become an added product to their line, that is all the better.

I do like the idea of having "As Seen on Cast Boolits" somewhere on the label, but that is entirely up to Glenn.

We're close to swapping samples right now, as I'm getting ready to put some of the stuff I mix up in the mail to him and he is sending me his latest result. We figured it would be best to start off with him working to duplicate the mix based upon his experience with lubes rather than me simply sending him a bottle and then trying to duplicate it.

In other words, I think what Glenn will end up with will be even superior to the 45/454/10 mix. And THAT makes me pretty excited.

Good show! Please, post updates.

As I am still learning in casting/boolit thing, I would definately be intrested in the final out come of this product that you guys are working on. I am not in a place or have the time to cook up a 'witches brew' at this time and would love to have a product created by CastBoolit folks. I am very big in supporting local enterprises when I can. Love to brag about....'this was made by.....so and so....from......this and that..... Put me on your list when this comes together...I am in....

Lonerider

What's the latest on this?
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Banner Sponsor

Hi guys, sorry for the long delay here. I took a few days and went to the Linebaugh Big Bore Seminar in Cody and have been trying to get caught back up. (Business has been good, and we definatly appreciate your support.)
    I have a couple of variations made up, but need to get to the range to test them.
    Our youngest son is in Boy Scouts and they needed an assitant Scout Master, so I'm off to Boy Scout camp for a week.
    I ordered some 1 oz bottles to send variations out to testers. I have bullets cast and ready to lube, but I want to try them when they've only dried over night. So I'm waiting till I get back to lube them.

I definalty like "As seen on Cast Boolits" I'll have to run that past Ken.

My Calender is fairly clear after Scout Camp, so this should go together much faster after next week.

Please feel free so send me a reminder if I have forgotten to do something.

Banner Sponsor

Hello everyone. Update here.
    We finished up scout camp with 17 boys, who earned 102 merit badges. Our plan was to go to a family reunion just south of Portland and be back in town last monday. The tranny in the truck blew up just outside of Lagrande.
    So we spent the last week in a motel while the truck was being worked on.
    We brought a laptop and logged onto the wireless at the motel, then the hard drive went out.

As the wife put it "That was the most expensive family reunion that we never went to."

We're burnin the midnight oil to get orders caught up and shipped, but I'll start sending the lube variations out to the testers.

My memory isn't what it used to be, so please send me a reminder if there is something I forgot to do or answer a question.

tks
    Glenn.

Boolit Master

My vote goes to '45/45/10'...

And I would be a willing tester.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

Glenn, hope things start heading in the right direction for you. A tranny and a hard drive going out all at once is a one two punch. Let us know if you need anything.

Boolit Master

Hip's Ax, can't speak for everyone but I'm thinking getting some extra lube from him might help some.

Boolit Master

Moonie, agreed. Couldn't hurt. I'll order a quart of liquid Alox now.

Boolit Master

I placed an order while the White Label crew was out on their family trip and as soon as they got back it was processed so fast it was not funny and Leah is a doll to work with. I could not possibly recommend better people to work with or a better grade of lube products.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vendor Sponsor

I only saw one person answer if this would be good for regular lube groove boolits.

I would like to see a few more folks weigh in on the question of whether this would be good to lube non TL Boolits.

This sounds like Glenn and Recluse are onto something, but most of my molds are older and I have NO TL molds.

Have a good 'un, thecyberguy
    Are you in need a pan lube cutter?
    I make custom made cutters in a cutting size of your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please click on the link below . You will find a thread to post your order. Thank you.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...31#post2827331

Support our troops...they are somebody's kids!

Boolit Master
    I was just wondering what if anything in specific we are going to test for with the new lube?
    Kevin

Boolit Bub
    cyberguy
    I just shot 100 rounds of a 452 255 grain regular groove semi wad cutter lubricated with 45/45/10 and shot clover leafs and had no leading
    Buckbeans

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecyberguy View Post
    I only saw one person answer if this would be good for regular lube groove boolits.

I would like to see a few more folks weigh in on the question of whether this would be good to lube non TL Boolits.

This sounds like Glenn and Recluse are onto something, but most of my molds are older and I have NO TL molds.

Have a good 'un, thecyberguy
    I use this blend on a .452 200SWC bevel-base boolit with outstanding results (traditional grooves) as well as one of my 148WC boolits.

This is in addition to the TL boolits I cast.

Boolit Mold
    How fast have you guys shot boolits with this lube? Wondering if it would stand up to 30-30 velocity, 2100-2200 fps.
    Lar45, do you ship to Canada?

Boolit Master

Thecyberguy, I do not use TL boolits, all of my pistol boolits are traditional GG style and it works great on them. I shoot them on a lee 452 230TC, Mihec's 200gr 452 HP and a 145gr lee .401 for my 400 Cor-Bon.

No leading with any of them, lots of smoke though...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast